Chapter 10

(Brendons POV)

They wanted me to stay two more days, just to be sure that I was actually okay. They were afraid I'd start feeling worse, but I didn't. As the hours went on, I felt great. It was my last day here, and I was so ready to go back home. "We suggest making an appointment with your family doctor just to be on the safe side okay?" The nurse says and I nod. Cool, I guess. "Also, no school for the next week, okay? You still need to rest, even if you feel completely okay. You don't wanna risk hurting yourself. Don't walk around too much, and definitely no heavy activity like exercising." She says and I once again, nod. That won't be an issue. I don't do much anyways. And a week off of school? Hell yeah, you don't have to tell me twice.

"We'll be in with paperwork shortly and after that, you're free to go okay?" She says and I nod softly. Once she leaves I turn to Dallon. "Hear that Dal? I'm coming home!" I say and he smiles excitedly at me. "I know, I know!" He says and I pull him into a hug, which he returns. "I'm sorry for everything." I mumble and he gently rubs my back. "It's okay, Brendon. You're my best friend and I love you. I'm not gonna let anything take that from us." He mumbles into my shoulder and I chuckle softly. "Glad things are gonna be back to normal soon." I say and he lifts his head up, releasing the hug with a nod.  The nurse came back with paperwork, a lot of it was just about the condition I was in when I arrived and the medication I received. Stuff that I honestly didn't care about.

I thank her, and after I sign myself out, I'm on my way. I held onto Dallons arm when we walked because walking was still weird. It didn't hurt, but sometimes my knees would randomly lock, causing me to fall. It was still a bit uncomfortable, but they said it's probably from not using my legs for so long. Which is understandable. I'm glad I'm even able to walk in the first place, so I'm definitely not complaining. "So I say we get the guys, and go out." Dallon says as we walk out of the hospital. "I agree." I say and suddenly a thought crosses my mind. "Dal?" I ask causing him to stop walking. "Hm?" He asks. "The car.." I say. "Oh! We're renting one for right now. Luckily the car isn't totaled so your dad agreed to split the bill with us. He's coming to see you tomorrow." Dallon says. "Thank god." I mumble and he chuckles.

We get in the car and he starts it up, but doesn't drive right away. "Before we leave I'm gonna text them to make sure they're still down to go." He says. "Wait you planned this ahead of time?" I ask and he smiles and nods. "Who's gonna be there?" I ask. "Frank, Pete, Patrick, Gerard, and Tyler. Who else silly?" He chuckles and I smile softly. "What about Ryan?" I ask as he puts his phone away. "Couldn't make it, had some family thing to go to." Dallon says and I nod. "Oh, alright." I say. "I'm glad you guys are friends. I like that all of us are able to get along." He says as he drives off. "Me too, he's an awesome dude, honestly." I say and Dallon nods. "Yeah, that he is." He says with a chuckle. Something seemed off with that, but okay. "So where are we going?" I ask. "Remember that ice cream place on Halvord Street?" He asks and I feel excitement run through my veins and I sit up straight.

"Their fudge sundaes taste like heaven!" I exclaim and he giggles, keeping his eyes on the road. As he should. "God I missed everyone so much." I say and he chuckles. "They missed you too, believe me. Lunch is so boring without you. Except the one day Frank danced on the table and got iss for a the rest of the day. Other than that it was pretty boring." Dallon says and I laugh. "Aww man too bad I missed that." I say and Dallon smiles fondly at me. I was so happy. Excitement and happiness coursed through me, causing me to smile widely. The sun was shining so bright, not a single cloud in sight. The feeling of the warm sun rays shining through the windshield and landing on my face made me smile even more. "The sun is so pretty ya know? The warmth and golden rays are enough to put me in a good mood. Beautiful." He says and my face flushes red.

Every time he says something about the weather and how beautiful it is, I recall back to when he said I was the weather. Dallon of course was most likely simply stating that the weather was nice, as he's in a relationship. Dallons not one to do things like that. He's a committed guy. Loyal. I look at the red cast on my arm and sigh a bit. My arm is still broken. That didn't heal. Only the brain injury did. Hmm. I shouldn't think too hard about it. "What're you thinking about?" Dallon asks as we stop at a red light. "Why did my arm not heal but my brain did?" I ask and he looked taken back. "I.. hmm. That's a great question." He says and I nod. "You think it has to do with the fact that you're able to control the weather?" He asks and I shrug. That'd actually make a lot of sense.