Chapter 5

(Brendons POV)

When I had woken up in the morning, I already wanted to go back to bed. I was absoultely dreading today. I had no choice though, I had to go to school. There's no way I can risk either getting a fine, or falling because I missed far too many days. I can't let it become a habit, that won't be good at all. After ten minutes of staring at my ceiling, I managed to pull myself from my warm covers and get on with my day. The day that I could just tell held dread. My curtains were pulled closed so I couldn't see outside but I could guarantee that it was raining out. I wasn't feeling exactly happy at the moment. I got changed, and did everything I needed to, and headed downstairs.

I don't know how I'm gonna face Dallon. I should just act normal right? Perhaps he was just in a bad mood last night? I'm honestly just gonna hope for the best. That's all I can do right? I walk into the kitchen to see Dallon sitting down, eating a piece of toast, scrolling through his phone. "Good morning, you look nice, Dal." I say while walking over to the fridge and I hear him scoff. "You're such a liar. Stop lying to me." He replies bitterly, and I stop walking. Wait what. "What?" I say, turning to look at him. "Stop being a liar. I'm not buying your bullshit anymore." He says and I genuinely was confused. "Dall- what the fuck, I'm not lying." I say and he laughs. It wasn't a happy laugh, it was filled with sarcasm and hurt.

"You're only saying that so you, so you can go off and make me feel like shit later on today, and I'm telling you now I won't be having any of that." Dallon says, placing his phone on the table. He stands up as if he's gonna leave and I shake my head. "What're you talking about?! I simply complimented you!" I say and he turns to look at me. "Just leave me alone, Brendon." He says and as he goes to walk out, I hurriedly go to stop him, grabbing his wrist. "Dal let's talk okay? What's going on?" I ask and he harshly rips his wrist from my grip. "Just- I can't deal with it anymore okay?!" He says, his voice straining.

"Deal with what Dallon? What in the hell did I do?! You're the one who started acting like a prick yesterday! And made me walk in the fucking rain!" I yell back. I desperately wanted to know why he now seemingly hated my guts. Surely it couldn't have been because I stopped holding his hand, that's childish. Even I know that's childish. A crash of thunder is heard outside causing both of us to look out the window for a brief second. It was storming. "Is it because I stopped holding your hand? Because you're petty if that's the reason." I say and I immediately regret it. I shouldn't have said that.

"No! I had a fucking anxiety attack so I went home! And you know exactly why you prick!" He yells, turning to face me and I jump at the tone in his voice. The last time he yelled at me was 5 years ago. I noticed the tears glazed over his eyes and my heart hurt just looking at him. "I really don't." I say, feeling defeated. I felt like just letting him win because I knew I wouldn't win this no matter what. He was livid, anger and hurt spiraling around in his blue eyes. God did he have pretty eyes. "Having my feelings played with doesn't feel too great, Brendon." He says harshly, venom dripping from his words. Confusion fills me immediately and he scoffs and goes to turn away. Playing with his feelings?

"Wait no, I'm genuinely confused on how I'm fucking with your feelings. I'd never do that." I say defensively and he turns back around, the tears now made their way down his face and I wanted to hug him. I wanted to make whatever pain he was feeling go away, but how could I do that if I'm the cause of it? "Bullshit. You've been building my hopes up and then tearing them down and I can't stand it anymore." He says. "I still don't understand.." I say, lowering my voice to just below my normal speaking voice. "You made me believe you genuinely liked me, you kept wanting to cuddle and you wanted to be close to me and the way you looked at me.. goddamnit. I figured you liked me so I managed to make a move, and you fucking.. you act as if you didn't notice it, then you.. you hold my hand and quickly let go as if it was a mistake. I'm an idiot though right? For thinking you'd ever like me?! I'm just a fucking mistake!" Dallon was screaming now, more tears streaming down his face.