Chapter 19

Dallon is the best thing that's happened to me, I can say that with confidence. It's been a full two months and I couldn't be happier. Christmas is a few weeks away, and I was happy I could spend it with him again. I was sure during our time apart I was gonna spend Christmas alone this year. But no, I'll have my best friend, my boyfriend beside me. "Babe, you ready?" Dallon says while peaking into the bathroom and I nod as I finish combing my hair. "School sucks though." I mumble with a pout, and he fully walks in and smile as he wraps his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder as I place my comb down. "Handsome baby." I say as I meet his eyes in the mirror and he smiles. "I know you are hun." He says and presses a kiss to my cheek. The whole day was pretty decent.

At lunch, though I kinda almost exposed myself. "I really want snow for Christmas this year." Patrick says and Pete fake gags. "I hate snow." Pete states. "I agree with Trick, I want it to snow." Gerard says with a shrug. "I want snow too but I also don't wanna spend Christmas sad." I say without even realizing and Pete laughs. "Why would you be sad if you wanted it to snow?" Pete says and I freeze up, unsure how to respond. "He meant he likes how it looks but he hates how cold it is." Dallon says while placing a hand on the back of my back and I relax at his touch and lean into him. "Ooh, makes sense." Frank says and I nod, trying to stop shaking. That scared me, holy shit. I'm so used to talking about it openly with Dallon I forgot they didn't even know.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asks and I notice he was looking at my hands, which were very much shaking. "Ye-yeah I'm just.. just got anxious for no..no reason. I'm f-fine." I mutter out, twisting at my hands to get them to try and stop, but of course it didn't. "It's okay, they wouldn't ever guess your secret okay? I got you babe." Dallon whispers in my ear and I nod. "I kn..know Dal." I say and he presses a kiss to my cheek. "Gag! Get a room homos!" Pete yells with a laugh, clearly trying to lighten the mood and I smile. "Peter Homo Wentz." Dallon says and Pete shrugs while eating a fry. "No lies detected. That is my middle name." He says and I laugh, rolling my shoulders a bit and leaning back into Dallon. He wraps his arm around me and gently rubs my side. "Wanna put the tree up today? We can make some hot cocoa and listen to Christmas songs and be goofs. Maybe even decorate the house." Dallon suggests and I quickly nod, perking up at the idea.

"Oh I'm definitely helping." Frank says. "Whoever wants to help is welcome. Except Pete." Dallon jokes. "But Dalpallll, I won't go upstairs or near your room or Brens." Pete says with a pout and I laugh. "No watering the tree either asshole." Frank says and I choke on my water as I burst into a fit of laughter. "Gentlemen, cool it." A teacher says and I cover my mouth. "Fun isn't illegal." Gerard says as she walks away. "Anyways I'm showing up no matter what. You can't stop me." Pete says and Dallon raises his eyebrows. "We have candy canes and I know how to sharpen them." Dallon jokes with a smile. "Anyways so Josh and Debby broke up, sooo." Tyler says and Frank jumps up. "Where is he?" Frank says and Tyler stands up shaking his head. "N-" Tyler starts but Frank cuts him off. "Found him, I'll be back." Frank says as he rushes off. He ended up returning with Josh, and forced him to sit at our table. I felt bad he looked kinda awkward.

"Hey man you definitely do not have to stay if you're uncomfortable. Frank does way too much." I say and Josh smiles with a shrug. "I'm okay." He says and I nod. "Welcome to the club then, it's crackhead central here." I say and he laughs. After school, Dallon and I stopped at my parents house to ask them if we could borrow some decorations for the house. I don't like spending the money my Dad gives us for stuff like that because, foods more important. I knocked on the door, and of course my Mom had to answer. "Oh..oh it's.. hi. I'll go get your father." My mom says as she rushes off and I step inside, trying to ignore how much it hurt me that she still is afraid of me.

I gently pull Dallon in beside me, closing the door so the cold air didn't get in. My Dad walks in and he smiles when he sees us. "Bren! Dal! Hey!" He says while engulfing me in a hug and I immediately hug back, and he also pulls Dallon in for a hug, and the sight made my heart feel warm. At least I know my Dad has our backs. "What brings you two love birds here?" He asks and I smile at Dallon before bringing my attention to my Dad. "We're decorating the house properly this year and I was wondering if you guys have any extra decorations? We don't wanna spend the money you give us because ya know, food n stuff." I say and he looks in thought. "Hmm, we might. Let me go check with your mom, she'd know. I don't handle the decorating." He says with a laugh and I nod as he go to find my mom.