Chapter 17

(Brendons POV)

Doctors offices aren't fun. I never liked going to them and don't think I ever will. Same thing with hospitals. Hate both. But despite my facial injuries, I had a few questions for my doctor anyways, and he was cool as shit so that makes up for the needles and dumb shit.

"Welcome back, Brendon. Oh-," He stops when he gets a good look at my face. "What's with the, face." Dr. Smith says and points to his own face and I smile awkwardly and glance at Dallon. "Got in a fight. Think I'm concussed a bit. But I was supposed to make a check up regarding my coma anyways and I also have a few questions." I say and he hums and nods.

"No more fighting, Mr. Urie. You do realize your body still needs to heal from that coma? That coma happened because of a fatal injury to your head, and even a minor concussion can cause issues later on in life." He says and I cough. "You heard what happened right?" I ask and he just stared at me.

"I healed completely, able to walk, talk, etc on my own within a few days." I say and he nods. "Ah yes. I did." Dr. Smith says and types something onto his computer. "Do you think it has to do with my uh, thing." I say and he shrugs. "It might do. You've been awful sad lately though. What's up with all the rain? I'm guessing that thunderstorm yesterday is when the fight was yes?" Dr. Smith says and I nod.

"Does your friend here know? Or do we need to go to a different room?" Dr. Smith asks and I laugh. "Dallon knows. I live with him." I say and Dr. Smith nods. "Okay so, what's your concern?" He asks. "Why did I heal so fast? I got told I was supposed to die and in days time I'm perfectly okay? Like am I immortal?" I ask and he looked in thought.

"Okay wait! let me, I found something the other day." Dr. Smith says and hurriedly typed on his computer and brings up what seemed to be a article of sorts. "This is Jonathan Walker. He reportedly was too able to control the weather. He died of natural causes." Dr. Smith explains. "I'm a bit lost what're you trying to say?" I ask. "Well firstly, he died on April 11, 1987. A day before you were born. Secondly, apparently he had been in a house fire, third degree burns everywhere, he was supposedly not gonna make it and some miracle happened and he recovered in a week." Dr. Smith says and turns in his chair to look at me.

"So I can't die until my body wants to? So the weather can be controlled..?" I ask and he looked unsure. "Yes, that's what I'm thinking. It's no coincidence that Mr. Walker died a day before you were born, having the same gift that you have? It's incredible. I told you Brendon. You were meant to be here." Dr. Smith says and I look at Dallon whom smiles widely at me.

"Do you think there's others like me?" I ask and Dr. Smith shakes his head. "Before you? Obviously. Right now? No, considering that the weather would be messed as hell. You control the weather wherever you go until you die, of I'm guessing natural causes and then it's passed on to another person." He says and I slowly nod. "Or maybe you are Jon Walker." Dallon jokes and I chuckle. "Wild." I mumble.

"I know you've never liked this gift, but you're one in billions who was lucky enough to hold this power. Cherish it." Dr. Smith says and I just nod. We talked a bit more about the coma and he checked my arm to make sure it was fine. "You should not be fighting with a broken arm. I get these casts are strong but they could still break." Dr. Smith explains and I nod. The x rays came back fine and my arm was thankfully healing correctly.

After that he sent us on our way and I grabbed Dallon's hand on the way out. He didn't react, just held my hand back and I couldn't help but smile. "You said everyone else took off?" I ask and Dallon nods. "They're at the house, hopefully not destroying shit." Dallon explains and I snort. "The house is ruined." I say while getting into the car. "I know." Dallon sighs while getting into the driver seat.