Chapter 6

(Brendons POV)

A week without him. You think I would've learned to accept the fact he hates me, and got over myself but I can't. He means too much to me. I mean c'mon, we've known each other for as long as we can remember. How can he just not hurt? That's all I've been feeling lately. Hurt. It's been a rainy week. He made a new friend. Ryan Seaman. He sits with us at lunch, hangs out with our friend group now. He's cool, and yet I can't help but hate him for being there. I didn't want Dallon to replace me. I didn't wanna be replaced. Yet it seemed as so, that's exactly what Dallon is trying to do. He's trying to find a new best friend.

Today though, I noticed something different. Dallon had his arm around his waist. His arm was wrapped around Ryan's waist as they ate their food, and I didn't like it. A pang of jealousy, anger and sadness hits me and a loud roll of thunder is heard outside. Everyone quickly looked out the windows and Dallon looked at me. "Stop it." He says and I just stared at him. Stop it. That's the first thing he said to me in a week. Is literally, stop it. How fucked up. He really just can't stand me that much? That when he speaks to me it just has to be negative.

Lightning strikes and the lights in the cafeteria flicker causing everyone to quiet down and look around. "What's going on?" Ryan asks and Dallon leans into Ryan more and I look away. "Just a bad storm I'm guessing, babe. Don't worry." I hear Dallon say and I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream and cry, and stomp my feet and tell him to stop it. Not me. He should stop it. I knew that causing a scene wasn't gonna help anyone and tried my hardest to stop The tears from rolling down my face. The rain hit harshly against the windows, wind whipping the branches of trees around, thunder booming once again. The storm was getting pretty violent.

I should be happy for them. I shouldn't feel like this. A week is all it takes huh? I'm just that forgettable? Go figure. The lights flicker off, and come back on again causing everyone to gasp, and loud talking fills the cafeteria and I look around, avoiding Dallons gaze. "Everyone calm down, it's just from the bad weather!" A teacher yells and Dallon decides to speak to me again, in a negative way. "Calm down before you cause the power to go out." Dallon says and everyone looked at him confused. He realizes what he said as his face dropped and I stand up. I was so pissed. He just almost told everyone what I'm like. Who I am. Who I am cannot be revealed.

"You can ignore me, you can insult me and forget about me but don't fucking do that!" I yell and the lights go off completely, loud booming thunder echoing from outside. Everyone at our table was staring at me, shocked. They won't guess. They won't know that I did that. They're shocked I just yelled at Dallon. No one would would ever think that it's possible for me to control the weather. Anything is possible I suppose, but they don't really know that now do they. Dallon stared at me wide eyed, his arm dropping from around Ryan. I looked out of the cafeteria and realized that all the lights were out. I caused the school to have a power outage.

Anger swirled in my chest, and I wanted to cry. This didn't feel fair. This whole situation didn't seem fair to me. Yet I know I only have myself to blame for it.  "Everyone remain seated until further notice." An announcement rings through the speakers. Great. "Brendon please calm down." Dallon pleads and I shake my head. "It's just unbelievable." I mumble. "A week. A fucking week." I say again. "You're the one who played me." Dallon says and Ryan's eyes kept darting from me to Dallon, confusion filling his features. "You never let me explain, I wasn't leading you on. I'm confused." I say, my teeth clenched. Hurt. Rain. Hurt. Tears spill down my cheeks and everyone at our table looked confused.

"You guys like like eachother?" Gerard asks, and I sniffle. "Things aren't as simple as I had hoped I suppose." I say. I didn't know how to explain it other than I don't know what I want. I'm confused. Dallon wasn't really giving me the option to explain either. "Wait I'm confused." Ryan says. Yeah me too buddy. What's new? "It's nothing important baby dont worry." Dallon says and I swallow harshly. Baby. I sniffle and wipe at my eyes. Baby. Don't worry. A week. I still couldn't believe it. Life is just so unfair. I didn't ask for this, I don't want this either. An announcement is made over the speakers that we are being dismissed early and I never left the school faster.