Chapter 9

(Brendons POV)

I woke up, to an empty room. I look around slightly dazed and confused. Dallon wasn't sitting beside me, holding my hand. That's weird. I glance over at the clock to see it was 4:56AM. Okay yeah see that makes more sense,  he probably went home to sleep. Probably has school in the morning. A bright color of red catches my eye and I look over in the direction of it. A red cast was on my left arm. Oh so thats why I was unable to feel it at all. Yikes. That's not good, broken bones are not good at all. Ouch. I noticed that I felt slightly better. Not much but I feel like if I wanted to move a bit or talk a bit I could. I don't see myself doing much of that but I still feel like I would be capable of doing it. I also still feel tired, just not as tired as I had felt when I first woke up. I wonder how long I have to stay in here? Probably for a while. I sigh and lift my right arm up a bit and then let it fall back down. Wow I can move my arm. Hell yeah.

I attempt to do it with my left, but the heaviness of the cast made it a bit harder to do so, so I decided not to push myself to do it. I'll get there eventually. No matter how difficult and annoying it is, I have to accept that my body needs to recover. It's my fault anyways, I put myself in a dangerous situation and now i have to deal with the consequences. I'm just so glad that I'm dealing with this rather than death. I don't know what I would do if I died. Nothing I suppose as I would be dead. Yeah okay not funny I need to shut up. The door opens and Dallon walks in, a Dr. Pepper in his hand. When he sees me he smiles widely and walks over, sitting down. "Hey, B. How're you feeling?" He asks while grabbing my hand. I was gonna reply but I don't think I'm fully ready for that just yet. I think I need to let it come naturally. Not force my body to do anything that I want it to do. Seems like that'll be best if I want to recover fast.

I squeeze his hand and then smile slightly at him. "A bit better?" He asks and I nod. "Seems so as you're moving a bit more than you were yesterday." He says and I smile at him again, and he chuckles. "Smiling uses up so many muscles in your face. So I'm proud of you for being able to smile. Especially with how much pain you also must be in." He says and I run my thumb over the back of his hand and he smiles. I was in quite a bit of pain, yeah. Mostly just soreness though. It wasn't like excruciating pain. I would be okay. I just need to relax and heal is all. I'll be back to normal in no time. Hopefully. Who knows maybe I'll be like this forever, can't predict the future. Just gotta hope for the best I suppose.

A nurse came in and asked me how I was feeling, asked if I needed anything, checked up on things, and then was on her way. I don't like being in here. Hospitals creep the absolute fuck out of me. They're always so eerily quiet, and the doctors are so overly nice that's it seems fake. Which fairly enough, it probably is. Dealing with hundreds of people a day surely must be tiring, and annoying. Though it's their job to do so, they knew what they were signing up for when they went to college for it I suppose. Still I don't like them. Everything about them just rubs me the wrong way. Imagine how many people died here. I shiver at the thought. I don't even wanna think about how many people died in this exact room, this exact bed.

I turn to look at Dallon and he smiles. "Ryan wants to come see you, but I told him that might not be the best idea." Dallon says. I wouldn't mind seeing him. I guess. I squeeze his hand and nod a bit. It was such a light nod I don't even know if he saw. "Are you agreeing with me?" He asks and I lightly shake my head. "Wait here, write it down." He says taking a pen out of his pocket and grabbing a mini notepad out of the bookbag he had. Dallon what the fuck. I wanted to laugh but only a light chuckle came out. Dallon smiles at me, and placed the notepad in front of me, and I lazily grab the pen and quickly scribble down "don't mind if he wants to". He reads it and looks up at me, meeting my eyes.

"Are you sure? I mean he genuinely does consider you a friend. He's worried about you." He says and that made me feel so bad. Ryan's such a nice dude and I spent so long feeling bitter towards him all because he's dating my best friend who I also like, I think? And my feelings messed it up. He genuinely considers me a friend. I smile a bit and Dallon grips my hand a bit tighter. "I'm just glad you're okay." Dallon says and I squeeze his hand back. Me too. After another hour I was super tired again, and ended falling asleep into a dreamless dream.