Chapter 9

Hi! Sorry I missed Saturday, but lets be honest, we all knew it was going to happen. At least I have a good excuse, I was feeling pretty sick and spent the day basically glued to the couch watching Black Panther and a couple episodes of Supernatural and Teen Wolf. Anyway, lets move on with the story...

Thanks for 1k views! Hey look ma I made it!

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

I'm slightly surprised, but I don't argue.

"Okay."

Tony led Peter down the hallway, keeping an eye fixed on him rather than where they were going. That was ok. Tony could walk these halls in his sleep, he's done it so much. His bedroom was in the same hallway, after all.

The pair made their way to the med bay, earning a knowing glance from Bruce and, surprisingly, a nod from Nat. Peter shudders slightly, remembering what he was in here for last time. Tony noticed this move, and glanced at Bruce. He shrugged, and Nat sighed, taking action.

"How about we set up a couple of beds near each other?" Getting no response from the men, Nat groaned. "Great. I guess I'll start then." She glared at Bruce, who scrambled after her. After all, Nat's death glare could give anyone chills. They pushed another bed into the med bay, putting it close, but not too close, to the other bed.

"Wonderful. Kid, you're on that one." Tony pointed to the one that had already been in the room. "Also, just so you know, I told FRIDAY to wake me up if your heart rate gets too high." That earned him a guilty look from Peter. Tony's expression became sympathetic. "Pete, you know this isn't your fault, right?" Tony said softly. That's all it took to break Peter's floodgates. Tears came streaming down his face, soft sobs escaping his mouth. Clint walked in, freezing at the doorway. Nat gave him a look, and he scrambled to her.

"Peter-" Nat cupped a hand over Clint's mouth, telling him to shut up.

"Let me handle this." Nat quietly cleared her throat, walking over to where the young spider was sitting. "Peter, you know how she died, correct?" Earning a nod from Peter, she continued. "Then you know you couldn't of caused this." No response. "Listen to me, this is not your fault. None of this is." She gestured wildly around the room. Peter sniffed quietly, trying to hold it together.

"Look, kid, what's Nat's saying is that it's ok to mourn, but don't blame yourself for something you couldn't possibly have done. It's not your fault, you hear?" But Peter didn't hear him. He was too caught up in the voices in his head, the voices that started this whole mess.

It would be better that way, if you were dead too.

They don't care about you, in fact they're just waiting for you to just kill yourself already.

You did this. It's all your fault.

Peter was zoned out, completely unaware of the Avengers in the room with him.

"Pete. Pete. Hey, are you listening to me?" Tony was waving a hand in front of his face, but got no reaction from the bug-powered teen.

You're a worthless piece of shit.

Just die.

Nobody loves you anyway.

"Shut up," Peter said through clenched teeth. "Shut up!" He balled up his fist, ready to start throwing punches. His body was shaking, and his eyes were scrunched up.

"Peter!" Tony yelled, grabbing the teen by his shoulders. "It's not real!" Nat went around them to grab Peter's arms. "It's not real!"

This time, Peter seemed to hear them. His arms stop flailing, and his eyes open wide.

"I-" Peter freezes. He bolts for the door, but doesn't open it. "Please, I... I don't... I'm not... Just leave me alone!" He sobbed. The rest of the Avengers watched the younger break down completely. Nat flicked her head toward the door, and Clint followed her out, walking around Peter. Bruce went to the back room, giving Peter and Tony some space.

"Hey, Pete, it's ok, you're safe here." Tony bit his lip, waiting for a reaction from the teen. He lifted his head ever so slightly, and Tony took that as his cue. "What did you hear?" Peter grimaced, but responded nevertheless.

"This is gonna sound crazy," he began, avoiding eye contact. "I hear these voice sometimes, telling me to do... things." Peter shook his head, frowning.

"Can you hear them now?" Tony asked, his expression hardened. Peter went silent for a minute, before answering.

"Yes."

"What are they saying?" Peter didn't respond. "Answer me, what are they saying?!" Tony was growing frantic. "Damnit Peter, answer me!" A single tear ran down the younger's cheek, making a small track. "Oh, kid." Tony pulled Peter into a sincere hug.

"Mister Stark?" Peter asked, his voice cracking.

"What is it, Pete?" The teen took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"They tell me to hurt myself." Peter let a sob escape his mouth. "Sometimes they tell me to- they tell me to kill myself." His voice was trembling, and the tears were constantly flowing from his red, puffy eyes. Tony was quiet for a minute, before pulling him back into a hug.

"It's ok kid, I'll take care of you."

I should write longer chapters, leave a review if you agree.