Chapter 13

I'm really glad I got my motivation back, because it means I can update this story more often! I'm really excited to get these chapters out... ugh shut up already just get on with it

Thank you to everyone who read this story, it's been super popular (25k views!!!!) and I just wanted you all to know how much your support means to me. Thank you everyone, I love you all.

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

Peter's P.O.V.

"Sleep well, kiddo."

I heard the door click, signaling to me to put my master plan into action. I leaped off the bed, stealthily creeping across the floor. I carefully opened the door, watching as Mister Stark walked back to his room. I expertly attached myself to the ceiling, crawling right past his closed door. I dropped down at the door that led to my room, listening for the quiet click that signified that the door was open. I snuck in, grabbing my Spiderman suit, and backed out, leaving the room the same as I found it, with only the one difference.

I crawled back up the wall, quietly sneaking back past Mister Stark's room to return to the med bay. I closed the door behind me, locking myself away from everyone else. They don't need to get hurt. They don't need to deal with Parker luck. I can save them from some terrible, tragic death that I couldn't save my family from. And if saving them means I can't be here, then I guess I'll leave.

I rubbed my fingertips over the fabric eagerly. It had been so long, too long if you ask me, since I had donned the red mask. I undressed, dropping my clothes into my backpack. I pulled the suit up over my body, pausing only for a fraction of a second when I caught sight of my scars. I shook it off. This is for the greater good. I stretched my mask over my face, frowning at the difficulty I had breathing through it. Oh well. It would have to do.

I opened the window, silently jumping out onto the roof. I pushed the window back as much as I could, leaving it only a tiny crack open. I was out.

"Karen? Any crimes I can stop?" I asked hopefully. I might as well help some citizens first.

"Yes. Armed men have broken into a jewelry store, located 2 blocks away from here. There are hostages, but none are harmed." I flipped backwards off the roof, diving toward the city streets. I shot a web, swinging freely through the crisp autumn air. Once I reached the jewelry store, I perched on a lamppost, planning my strategy. I smirked at the robbers, knowing exactly how to take them down.

"Karen, how many hostages are there?"

"3. They are being held behind that door." I sprung into action, taking down the robbers with ease. I webbed them to the wall. They're the police's problem now. I tried opening the door to get to the hostages, but it was locked. I kicked it down, frightening the robbers inside. I grabbed two of the hostages, carrying them to safety on a nearby rooftop. I swung back inside, but didn't see anyone else.

"Karen, where-"

"Back off or I'll shoot." One of the robbers held the last hostage at gunpoint. I immediately raised my arms, attempting to lure him into a false sense of security.

"Look man-"

"Shut up! If you want to both leave here with your lives, I suggest you let me go." He gestured at me with his gun. "You've got ten seconds to go before I shoot. 10." I panicked internally, trying to make a decision while he counted down the seconds. "9." I was frozen in place. "8. 7." What can I do? "6." I couldn't very well let him go. "5. 4." But I couldn't let him shoot the hostages either. "3. 2." This was it. I had to choose now. "1." Bang. The hostage was shot right in the head, and was dead in seconds.

"You should've left when you had the chance." He raised his gun toward me, aiming straight for my head.

"N-no, wait!" The gun fired, and I flipped sideways to avoid the bullet's path. But I was off on my timing, and the bullet ripped through my abdomen. I cried out in pain, dropping to the ground.

"Now I've got you." I heard the gun click, seemingly out of bullets. The robber growled in frustration, slamming the butt of the gun into my head. He ran off with the stolen goods, leaving me at the scene of the crime. My vision was spotty, my head aching. The streetlights shone too brightly, the hum of electricity was way too loud.

"Karen...?"

"Hello Peter. You appear to have a moderate concussion, and a wound on your lower right. Your injuries could become critical if left untreated. Would you like me to call Tony?"

"No," I grunted. "That'll be all." I pushed myself into a sitting position, inspecting the bullet wound. I groaned at the extreme pain it was causing. The bullet hadn't gone all the way through, so I had to get it out as soon as I could. The wound was bleeding heavily, much to my dismay. I shot a web over the hole, as a temporary bandage, and struggled to stand up. I leaned heavily on the empty shelves, dragging myself past the counter and out the door.

"Karen, where's- ah, where's the closest alleyway?" My vision lit up with the path to take.

"Your injuries are worsening. Best treatment option- rest. You should stop moving."

"Thanks, but I really need to get out of here before the cops show up." I swing my way over to the alley, tucking myself behind a dumpster. The single streetlight was barely enough light to see, but it'll have to do. I peel the mask off my face, getting a breath of the cold New York air. My head wasn't nearly as bad as the bullet wound, but it was still something that needed to be addressed. How do you even treat a concussion?

"Karen, how do you take care of a concussion?"

"The best treatment is to rest both your brain and your body," the AI answered. I groaned. There was no way I would be able to rest, not like this. I was on the run, homeless and living on the streets now. I didn't have the luxury of rest. I sighed, instead checking on the bullet hole. I took off the loose webbing, by then it had turned a sickening shade of red. I couldn't tell if the bullet hit any organs or not, but I did know one thing: it had to come out.

"Peter, removal of the foreign object requires professional medical treatment. Contacting Tony."

"No no no! Karen- oh, h-hi Mister Stark," I greeted uncertainly.

"Peter!" I cringed at the sound of my full name. He only called me Peter when he was angry. "What the hell is going on?"

"Nothing! Nothing. Everything's fine, why?" I asked nervously.

"Then explain to me why Karen called me at 1:30 in the morning? And why your vitals aren't regular?" I stuttered something incomprehensible into the speaker. "Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you."

"What?! No! Please don't- I-I mean you don't have to! I'm fine, really!"

"Kid, I can smell your lies from a mile away. Don't even try."

"N... no..." I slurred, the world slowing down around me. "'m f'ne." He must've picked up on my strange voice.

"Pete?! Kiddo?! Hey, don't you call asleep on me! I need you to keep talking, ok? I'm almost there." His tone was much more frantic than before.

"But... 'm so tired..." My eyes closed, my conscious lulling me into a gentle sleep. "G'night, 'ister Stark."

don't worry I hate me too

Well there you go, a new chapter! I told you something was going to happen... Hehehe... Don't even lie to me, I know you all secretly love it

I love reading your comments, and I try to respond to as many as I can, if I miss some either I didn't have anything to say (I'm really awkward lmao) or I just missed it by accident (oops). I love you guys so much, and all of you mean so much to me.

a little self-promo here! If you like this story, go check out my one shots! Lots of Spiderman whump in there... It's called Far From Life if you're interested (which you should be, obviously). Anyway, see you soon for the next update!