Chapter 11

I am so sorry I haven't been around! I've been busy with everything, including a depressive period. I haven't had the motivation to write, but I've been doing better lately, so I've started up again. Thank you for the continued support.

I've never adopted someone (I'm 15) so sorry if the info is off.

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"FRIDAY, how do you adopt someone?"

"To adopt a person, first you must schedule an interview with a social worker. They will also conduct a background check and search your house. Would you like me to set up an appointment now?"

"Sure," Tony smiled. Hopefully Peter would be okay with being adopted.

"Sir, your appointment is scheduled for noon tomorrow."

"Thanks, Fri," he thanked the AI, before asking to call Pepper to tell her the good news. She had been on vacation for awhile, but she was supposed to come back next week. Tony froze, remembering that she didn't know about any of this so far. He wrinkled his nose, but proceeded to call her nevertheless.

After explaining the situation to Pepper, who had watery eyes by the end of it (Tony did too), she agreed that adopting him was probably best. After all, they had always wanted a kid.

~Some time later~

Peter's P.O.V.

I woke up with a start. My eyes immediately darted to the empty bed next to me.

He doesn't care about you! He didn't even stay.

My eyes teared up. Mister Stark, my idol and father figure, didn't stay. He didn't stay. He didn't stay. As I processed this thought, the voices returned.

Worthless.

Nobody wants you.

Just kill yourself already.

die. Die. DIE.

Scrunching my eyes shut, I clamped my hands over my ears in a feeble attempt to make it stop. Make the voices stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.

They wouldn't stop.

Kill yourself.

You're not good enough.

Useless.

I couldn't take it anymore. In one swift movement, I threw the blankets to the ground, running like a mad man to grab my web shooters. I climbed out the window, and swung as fast as I could to the top of a skyscraper. I stood at the ledge, staring down at the streets of New York. I shuffled my feet to be on the very edge of the roof, letting my toes dangle over.

Coward. Bet you won't have the guts to do it.

Just jump already.

Nobody wants you alive.

I let the silent tears slip out. The voices in my head were right. I sobbed over the street ledge, hiccuping softly.

You're such a baby.

I waited for my tears to slow, then wiped them away. I couldn't do it anymore.

I closed my eyes, and jumped.

~Meanwhile...~

Tony's P.O.V.

"All right, Mister Stark, you've completed the house search and background check. We assume you have the funds to provide for this child you wish to adopt, is that correct?"

"Correct." I was calm, cool, and collected on the outside, but inside I was celebrating. I was going to be able to adopt Peter!

"Ok. Fill out these forms, and return them to Social Services. Congratulations on your new child," the adoption agent stated monotonously. He left the large building, and I did a small little celebration dance. Now I could only hope that the good news would help the young hero feel better. Speaking of, where was he?

"FRIDAY, where's Peter?" I wondered.

"He just left the building. He's heading east," the AI answered.

"What!? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You were speaking with the agent. You said not to interrupt unless there was an emergency," it replied.

"This is an emergency!" I yelled with frustration.

"Sorry sir. I will be sure to alert you next time." I sighed.

"Get my suit ready. Put his coordinates in and set it for autopilot." I ran down the hall, taking the elevator to get to my suit. Climbing in activated the autopilot setting, and I was immediately shot into the sky, heading east. I didn't fly far before I saw him, standing on the edge of a building. no. No. NO. Quickly switching the controls to me, I flew in closer, without getting close enough to disturb the spider-powered teen. I saw his eyes close as he bent his knees and sprang forward, falling down toward incoming traffic.

"Peter!" I gasped, flying at full speed toward the free falling kid. I caught him a few feet above the cars on the street below. His eyes were still closed, and his face was contorted in a way that suggested he was in pain.

"Oh, kiddo..." I looked down at his face with sadness. He was so young. He was almost legally my kid. He was a hero. It slowly began to register with the teen that he was being carried. He squinted up in confusion, before a horrified expression came over his features.

"Mister Stark? Are you... are you dead too?" He closed his eyes again, face solemn. I hadn't answered him, in fear of some type of jolt reaction. "'m sorry," he mumbled. He went limp in my arms. The sudden deadweight surprised and scared me, but he seemed to be exhausted. He would be ok- wouldn't he?

I AM SO SORRYYYYYY

I really haven't been updating (and for that I apologize) but I did start up again! I had to re-read the entire story to try to plan out this chapter (oops). I know it's been like a year since I updated (augh, sorry) but I will finish what I started, so don't worry about that. It might be slow, but it's progress.

Now, when I started this story, I didn't really have a lot of Spiderman content written. But now, while there still isn't a whole lot, there are a few stories and a collection of one-shots (please please please read them!) for you to enjoy. I promise to all of you that I will finish this. If you want to help, leave a review, follow/favorite, or pm me about what I should focus my attention on first. Thanks, as always!