Chapter 17

Heh, sorry I was gone for so long oops

I'm really trying to find a way to close this story, but at the same time I'm not sure I want to (cause it's my most popular story on Wattpad woah) so I'm having a lot of difficulty with that decision. Like, I'm stressed af and can't handle this rn, but also I don't want to end my most successful piece aghh

Also sorry it's so short

Anyways

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

Peter's P.O.V.

But he also knew that I was heading for the bathroom to slice my skin to ribbons.

"Pete." The voice startled me out of my thoughts, and I turned to look at the source. Mister Stark... and I was in his lap still, dry tears leaving sticky trails down my cheeks.

"Peter," he repeated, louder and more firmly this time. I reluctantly looked him in the eyes, staring at the disappointment I saw there. "We need to talk."

"Mister Stark I-"

"No, Pete, I don't want to hear you apologize. I just want to understand what's going on inside your head. I thought you were doing better, and then-" his voice cracked, and for a second it sounded like he was crying. "And then you... you do something like this!" I could hear his breathing get faster and his tone get angrier. I flinched, and Mister Stark pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. "Look, kid, do you- do you even want to have a normal life?"

"I can't have a normal life," I stated monotonously. Mister Stark opened his mouth, then closed it, frowning. "Look at me," I continued. "I'm a teen superhero. My parents, aunt, and uncle are all dead. I live with a billionaire, who is also a superhero. Nothing about my life is normal."

"Kiddo, I know your life is weird. And I can't change that, but I can try. You're like a son to me, Pete, and that's why I want to adopt you. So you can be my actual son. Pep and I already discussed it, we got all the paperwork taken care of, now all we need is your approval." He smiled kindly at me, running circles into my back. "Whadda say?" I sniffed, nodding as fresh tears ran down my face.

"Yes," I whispered. "Please adopt me." I pushed my face back into his shirt as I cried, and felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me.

"Welcome to the family, Pete." As soon as those words left Mister Stark's lips, I felt a new warmth in my chest. I smiled, a real, genuine smile, the first one in a long time.

"Thank you, Mister Stark," I murmured, just loud enough for him to hear.

"You can call me dad now." I choked out a few more tears. Dad. I haven't had a dad in such a long time. And now, not only did I have a dad, but a mom, and a family that extended so much further.

And, for the first time in a long time, I had hope for the future.

yay! Maybe this can have a happy ending after all

So I'm thinking there might only be 2 or 3 more chapters left of this story. The day this ends will be a sad one, but also a really incredible one. When I started this story, I was a lot like Peter. I was depressed, anxious, I didn't cut but I did self harm, and I was really suicidal. Over a year later, I've become much happier, I stopped self harming, had less of an urge to kill myself, and became satisfied with who I am. I'm still anxious and depressed, but it's gotten so much better over this past year. For all of you reading this who are like me, there is hope. It doesn't seem like it, but there is. And if anyone ever needs someone to talk to, message me anytime. 

I love all of you, always.