Is This Better?

[I personally think that I did kinda good in this chapter, ;)))) Enjoy fam]

It’s now eight o’clock, and we’re all talking to each other in the main living room. Tomorrow is where we start practicing more with our quirks. I wonder how it’ll be like. The training camp was supposed to shape us up better with our quirks, but that flopped. I can still remember that night like the back of my hand. Everything that happened to me, word for word. His patched up face. His voice. That villain wasn’t caught yet, he was still out there.

 What I didn’t notice is that I was staring in space while Monoma was trying to ask me a question. “Stupid, are you day dreaming about someone?” The blonde laughs while waving his hand in front of my face. I snap out of it, and turn my head to everyone.

 I guess I feel kinda safe at these dorms, but I don’t have Nezu five steps away from me when I wake up from a bad dream, or need a glass of water, or when I need someone to talk too to sleep. Of course I didn’t tell Nezu about that, but I feel like I’m away from him, even though he’s the principal of U.A.

 It’s not like I’ll never see him again, I could always walk to his office when I felt like it, but it won’t be the same. I sighed. I just need sleep. “I’m going to bed.” I say suddenly, and walk to the elevator. I went to the third floor, and walked across the hall to my dorm room.

 My anxiety is kicking in. I can’t stop thinking about getting burned. The pain I felt that night. The villain’s detail. The fact that I couldn’t take down a simple clone of a villain, even though my quirk had the advantage from his. I felt tears fall down my cheek, as I opened my door.

 I sat on my bed, and just stared at my wall. It was a good twenty minutes before I convinced myself to go to sleep, and get some rest for tomorrow. I closed my eyes. It was like a video now, playing in my head. Mandalay’s voice, the forest fire, everyone’s concern in the classroom.

 I can’t sleep.

 I took out my phone to check out the time. It was currently eleven o’clock. I figured everyone would be sleeping by now, but I need someone. I opened my text messages.

 Text Messages:

 Me: Come to my room.

 I typed a simple message, that’s all. I didn’t want it to sound weird, but I just need to talk to someone right now. I heard a bing from my phone.

 Text Messages:

 Monoma: Why? Wet the bed? Probably considering you can’t control your quirk too well.

 Ouch. I know he was joking, but he was right. I can’t control my quirk all too well. I depend on it too much by itself. That’s the only reason I got to third from the sports festival. It was just luck on who I was up against.

 Text Messages:

 Me: Please.

 After I sent that, I lied down on my bed. I can’t be a hero like this. I can see so much success from the students here. Tetsutetsu got shot how many times in the head for God sakes? I went down in two hits prior.

 I heard a knock on my door. I took a breath, and opened it. I welcomed Monoma inside my room. “What do you need?” He asks, rubbing his eyes. It seems like I interrupted his sleep. “Someone to talk too.” I say, facing the opposite direction as him.

 “Wow L/N, no wonder you look so bad every day, you can’t just go to sleep.” He chuckles lightly. I didn’t say anything to that response, leaving the room in silence for a while.

 “What is it?” he asks, with a softer tone. “The night with the villains.” I say. He put his hand on my shoulder. “He can’t get you now, he’s been exposed from the news, the pros can handle it.” He says, knowing exactly who I was talking about.

 “I know, it’s just that.. every time I close my eyes, I see him, I hear his voice.” I say, feeling tears form in my eyes. He used his thumb to wipe the tears falling down my cheek.

 “You think I could stay in here for tonight?” he asks. I nod, and walk to my basket. I pulled out a pillow, and blanket, and put it on my carpet. “When you wake up, just tap me, or call my name, and I’ll wake up.” He says, covering himself with the blanket I gave him. I gave him a nod.

 -Small Time Skip-

 It was still night time, and I could hear Monoma readjusting himself on the floor. I feel bad. He came here to help me, and I tell him to sleep on the cold floor. I sighed, before rethinking it.

 “Monoma.” I call. “Yeah?” his voice calls back. I sat up. “You can sleep on here if you want, I feel bad for making you sleep on my floor.” I sigh. My bed was big enough for two anyways. He walked to the other side of my bed, and got on.

 I laid down on my side, so I didn’t face him. I didn’t want to make this awkward. I started coughing. I usually cough when I’m uncomfortable. I waited for him to say something about how loud I was, which didn’t happen.

 I felt his hand on the back of my head. He sat up a bit, and asked if I was okay. That had me holding in more coughs. Time to make an excuse. “Just cold I guess?” I try to say straightly.

 I felt a pair of arms around my waist. I was pulled over closer to Monoma. My face is very hot. I feel like my face could burn anyone right now. I felt his breath on my ear. “Is this better?” he asks.

 He was different tonight. He was calm, polite, and everything that he doesn’t usually show. I put my hand on his hand, and held it. This felt so wrong, but so right at the same time.

 I closed my eyes, and went to sleep. Tomorrow will be better.