Preference 2

What you do to make them feel better about a difficult case

Olivia Benson: she's worked plenty of cases but there are some that just stick with her. She's always done all she can and she knows it. The sheer unfairness of the world haunts her and she just needs you to hold her for awhile.

Carisi: Poor Sonny would find some way to blame himself. He would make up scenarios in his head of what he could have done differently to make the end result better. You know that sometimes, there really just isn't anything he could have done. He doesn't really believe that. You tell him it anyways just in case one day it actually sticks in his brain.

Barba: when something goes wrong, he retreats inwards. Rafael becomes quiet, moody, and reflective. He likes to figure out what went wrong so in the next case, there can be a better outcome. There isn't really anything you can do to make him feel better besides be there for him. You have to force him to talk about it; he doesn't like to tell you about cases because of how disturbing they can be. Talking can be helpful though since it helps him realize the problem in the case.

Elliot Stabler: you'd force him to do something fun and happy to get his mind off of it, like a board game or baking. He's reluctant at first and it takes some persuasion to get him involved. In no time he'll be laughing and joking around again.