Preference 9

You meet the family

Olivia: You and Olivia had actually gotten close because you would babysit Noah on occasion. One time you asked him if his grandparents were going to come over for Thanksgiving and he simply shook his head. When Olivia came home you asked her about it. You two had the type of relationship where neither of you would be afraid to ask or tell the other about something. This was one of the rare things she was closed off about. After Noah went to bed she sat you down on the couch and explained to you about her family. You expect her to break down in tears but to your surprise she was perfectly fine about it and told you as if it were just a fact of life.

Carisi: you'd bumped into his sisters at one time or another but you never met them all at the same time until Christmas. The whole Carisi family managed to fit themselves into their house, in a way reminiscent of clowns fitting into one of those tiny clown cars. It was so tightly packed you had no choice but to introduce yourself to each family member. Everyone thought that you were pretty fancy and didn't know why you were with a dork like Sonny. Each time someone said something negative Sonny would start mumbling something angrily and you'd slide your arm around his waist and kiss his cheek.

Barba: You met his mom and grandma when he got hurt and went to the ER. It was only a minor thing- he twisted his ankle- and even so he made you call them. They showed up, half angry at him half concerned. And then when they noticed you they abandoned him to assault you with questions. You weren't prepared for a meet the family moment. You had on your pjs, your hair was a mess and your mascara was smeared. This, they didn't care about. They wanted to know what school you went to, what your job was, and how you knew Rafael. From the confines of his bed he begged them to stop, but you didn't really mind.

Amaro: You didn't meet all of his family. He didn't want you to meet his dad for obvious reasons,  and his sister lived in L.A. Nicks mom met you when you dropped off Zara at her house. She was very happy that he had someone like you but sometimes she would ask you questions when he wasn't around, like, 'does he ever get mad'. It was incredibly awkward when she did that and you did your best not to let Nick know that his mom was worried he'd turn into his father.

Elliot: Elliot brought you home after a difficult case to have dinner. All of his kids were over and that's when you met them, even though at that point you and Elliot weren't dating. The kids teased him over it, Katie in particular. Elliot tried to tell them to shut up but you waved him off; it was sort of funny. They interrogated you about your job and your house and even your pets!