Falling...

~~S H A P E  O F M E~~
Could anyone be more hypocritical than I was? As much as I hated to admit, I realised I was wrong. I thought I would hate Sherrandah's idea so much, but I surprised me by liking it and even secretly trying to learn how to do draw my eyebrows.

I know, I'm a big hypocrite.

"You look gorgeous." She whispered in my ear.

Maybe I looked good, but I didn't look like me. I looked different, like an Instagram model or something. My eyes seemed bigger, my nose thinner, cheekbones I didn't know I had suddenly existed, my jawline accentuated and most of all my complexion half a shade lighter.

"I look different." I brought a finger a few inches closer to my face but paused, scared that I would ruin the art that made my flaws a story of the past. 

"This different is sexy baby girl." She grinned as she stood back to admire her handiwork. "I can't believe I did this in thirty minutes. Sherrandah you are good." And she was good. I couldn't imagine myself doing all the work she did on her face to school everyday.

"I don't know what to say..." I didn't know what to do or how to react either.

"Like damn gurlll, you smoking hot and blessed too." Sherrandah said as she packed up her make up utensils. Her face was turned away from me so I couldn't see her expression. I wondered if she was being sarcastic.

"Thanks." I smiled a bit. I couldn't bring myself to believe her. No one could ever make me believe I was anything but ugly and worthless.

"We just have to do something about your skirt though."

"Skirt? What skirt?" I backed away from her.

"Your skirt." She smirked at me. "Here's a blanket, wrap yourself in it." She said as she tossed a blanket at me.

"Alright." I replied as I changed slowly and handed her the skirt. I wasn't really buying the idea of whatever she wanted to do to my treasure. It was my favourite skirt because it was the only one that actually fit my waist and that explained my reluctance to hand it away.

"Gimme a sec." she grinned, grabbed a tape from a drawer and went into the the room whose door lead into her's.

As soon as she left, my eyes scanned her room, evaluating every detail. It was quite different from her party house. Unlike the boring rooms which were only painted in nude and white colours, her's was bathed in full baby pink with dashes of light blue here and there and sprinkles of cream in a few corners.

The colours of the room were warm and inviting. It reminded me of the picture I had in my head every time I dreamt of having my own room. Titi wouldn't let me realise that dream yet.

Feeling bored I laid on the bed and my fingers swept across the floor which had not a speck of dust on it. For someone as loud and noisy as a megaphone while also a total busybody, Sherrandah was quite neat.

Her closet was carefully arranged according to brands, events then colours. Now that was something I wanted to be able to do someday. Brand names were like a sin to Mami, but I secretly admired and wished for a sweater with 'PINK' engraved on it and maybe someday 'GUCCI' too. For Mami, modesty was key. For me, it was anything that made me feel like I belonged.

Before I could peruse her closet any further, I caught sight of some books that had started to collect dust piled up at a corner near her bookshelf. As a scientifically proven 'nerd', those were the only things that were of actual value in my eyes.