Only you

~~S H A P E O F  M E~~
My brows furrowed in confusion as I peeked through the window from my perch on the bed. There was nothing to see except the big tree right outside my room.

What is he talking about? How did he get my number? What is he doing here? Hundreds of questions trundled through my head, making me feel disoriented.

"I can see you. Open the window." Another message startled me.

How could he see me when I couldn't see him? I thought, and moved closer to the window to get a better view of the outside lawn. A scream got caught in my throat as soon as I saw him with one foot on the few bricks of the wall of the house and his other on a large branch of the tree.

I opened the window and slid the net out of the way quickly, worried he could get hurt with his absurd plan. What if he slipped and fell down or something worse?

"Hey..." Malik stepped into my room, taking off his hood and shoes that had spikes on them.

"Put your shoes by the wall." I entreated him and he did so immediately while I rushed to lock the door to my room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the first question that was on my mind as I struggled to calm myself down over the loud beats of my palpitating heart.  "Why did you come in through that way?" I slid the net back into place and stared down. The ground seemed like hundreds of miles away from the window.

"I knew yo ma would most likely not agree with my visit, but I had to see you." He searched my face like he was looking for something; a reaction maybe.

"Why?" My eyebrows knitted further in confusion. I wasn't ready to cheaply buy any nonsense from him and if he thought he could come over to toy with my feelings, then he was sadly mistaken.

"I missed you." I missed you too even though you've been an a**hole

"You did?" I put on an indifferent expression although my guard had already been crushed down and I was secretly drowning in the spring of happiness welling up inside of me. 

"Yes. Yes I did. I'm sorry I f*cked up." He ran his hand through his curls, making them falter to the side. "I've been thinking about my actions for the past two days and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I know this don't mean much compared to what I did to you, but I truly am sorry. Please I want you to forgive me" I stared at him and I noted how sad he really looked. His eyes seemed to had lost some of their colour, dimming into theirselves like glum stars that had lost their twinkle.

"Malik..." I started.

"Please don't say anything yet." His lips slightly trembled as he sat on the only chair I had in my room. "Nice room." He diverted his attention to my room, making me feel a bit self conscious. I was overly glad Mami had forced me to arrange my room beforehand.

"I still have to share it with my sister though." I said for absolutely no reason.

"It's cute." He commented and I looked around the room again. Our room was more of simple than anything. Bathed in Titi's favourite colour–pink, our room was a little bit bigger than average. On the walls were pasted a few of our favourite artists; Rihanna advertising her makeup, Adam Levine standing in one of his concerts, Wizkid from one of his videos that I couldn't exactly remember which, but I knew he looked illegally handsome. The other posters were way smaller in size and sometimes you didn't even see what was on them(all Titi's drawings).

The posters in my opinion, were the best things in our room. Trust me, it took a year's pleading, pleasing and getting good grades to make Mami allow us to put any of them up. She was really strict with the 'no taping anything to the wall' policy.

I wondered where Titi was and why she hadn't tried barging into my room to say something dumb as usual. Most of the time, she stayed in the guest room because there was a television there but came back to our room to change her clothes and at night to sleep.

Her absences meant I technically had more rights to the room and luckily Titi didn't really mind especially as it meant that if I stayed in the room most of the time, I had to also keep it in order myself. She preferred to watch TV than argue with me about who to arrange the room or not.

"Mhmm." I finally said, remembering I had a visitor and turning back to Malik only to notice that he had been staring at me. "What happened? Do I have something on me?" I wiped the corners of my mouth and my cheeks.

"No." He pulled my hand off my face and held it in his' for a second. "You are just so beautiful."

"Of course." I wrinkled my nose in disbelief. "I know you're only trying to gass me up when it's all a lie."

"I mean every word Tope. You're beautiful. Actually you gorgeous." He pushed himself a bit closer to me and I rolled my eyes. He was such a sweet-talker, but I wished he would stop lying to my face. "I've been thinking of you every night since our last argument. Like I couldn't stop, even when I tried to."

"Really?" I crossed my arms on my chest. "Why?"

"I don't know." He shook his head, leaning back into the chair with his eyes closed, then he slowly cracked them open and looked up at me. "No I do know. I know now that you're with me. I want you Tope."

I stood transfixed to the spot I was without moving an inch. I want you. I could hear the words replay themselves over and over again in my head. He wanted me. Malik said he wanted me.

Did I hear him right?

"You what?"

"I want you baby. I really like you so much. It be draining me that you ain't mine yet. I don't know how to act anymore with you ignoring me. I like you so much. So..." He paused, reaching out to pull me into his lap.

"Aren't you just lying to me?" I asked as I rested my head on his chest making him jerk a bit. I could hear his heart start beating faster.

"I can't lie to you baby. You're all that I want. Only you. I can't think of a me without you anymore. I don't know what you've done to me." He sighed softly as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer to himself. "I like you so much." He said again, this time we were both gazing into each other's eyes.

"So, be mine?" He asked as he reached into his pocket and brought out a golden bracelet with initials on it. He placed it in my hand and I turned it over. It read "T&M" on one side and on the other "Mine".

It was all too much for me to take in. I liked Malik very much, but after everything that had happened I needed to know if he was serious or not. I couldn't just say yes to him immediately. That was not how things were done.

"I'll have to think about it first." I got off his lap and he stood while I dropped the bracelet back into his palm. "You have to prove to me that you really like me. I'm not going to throw myself at any guy, no matter who he is. It doesn't matter what I told you before about feeling something during our kiss."

"It's okay." He seemed downcast, but his eyes lit up again as he looked at me. "I'll have to prove to you that my feelings are real and that's exactly what I'm gonna do."

"Tope!" I heard my name from downstairs. Mami was calling me and I knew if I didn't answer, she would come up to check on me herself.

"I gotta get going now since yo mama want you now." His smile was sad and almost forced as he peered at the door. "Them eggs look damn good." He nodded at the eggs I forgot I kept on my dressing table. "Too bad I gotta go."

"Maybe I could make them for you sometime." I suggested, then almost immediately regretted my choice. Did he tell you he wants you to? I mentally slapped myself.

"That'd be great." He grinned at me.

"Be careful." I bit my lip as he opened the window.

"I will." He said, then leaned down to kiss my forehead and cheeks. "Later babe." And he was gone.

"Tope why is your door locked?" Mami asked then said something more, but I couldn't hear anything else.

My head and cheeks were still tingling from his kisses.

The last chapter was too long to be written with this as it was my original plan, so here's a new chapter. I hope y'all enjoy it. Thank you so much for the support loves💛💛