The End- Sort of

~~S H A P E O F M E~~
"Tope." I heard a voice call and I lifted my head as my lips curved in a smile. Watching her walk over to me, I noted just how beautiful she looked. Mami seemed ten times younger with a grin that was almost stretching out of her face and it joyed me more than I could put in words that I was the reason for it.

"Mami." My eyes watered as she came closer. I really was so emotional at times.

"I'm so proud of you my daughter." She pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Thank you ma." I said as I settled my head on her shoulder. The world in my most honest opinion had never been so perfectly perfect.

"You did well my dear. I'm glad you are my daughter." She held my face in her hands and I thought my heart would burst with happiness.

"Thank you Mami. Are you leaving now?"

"No, but we are sha leaving soon. We will celebrate when we get home. Meet us at the entrance when you're done. I'm sure you have people you want to talk to." She nodded at Miss Willough who was standing a few feet away from me.

"Yes Mami." I turned to head in the direction of one of the few people who hardly annoyed me but was stopped half-way by Miss Jane. "Miss Jane!" I exclaimed in surprise. "It's great to see you."

"Hello Temi. Great speech."

"Thank you." I smiled at her.

"I heard about your break up with that gentleman." Of course you did. I thought. It wouldn't surprise me if Mami had also accidentally spilled my life history to her too. "And I have something to confess."

"Oh..."

"Actually I talked to your ex-boyfriend a few times after I caught you both in the car."

"You caught us?" I asked in surprise. I had always thought that Miss Jane didn't see Malik and I the night he saved me from my lostness and dropped me off at home. Apparently I was wrong. "Then how come you didn't tell my mother?"

"I didn't see the need for that.  I thought you deserved your privacy and would tell her when you felt like it. I however talked to him and warned him to never hurt you. That was the only thing I could do without too much interference. I'm sorry things turned out this way."

"No." I shook my head. "It's for the best. Thank you for everything." I said as I gave her a hug.

"It was my pleasure." She hugged me back with her tiny frame. "Come visit sometime." She said as she turned to leave.

"I will." I replied waving back at her then made my way to Miss Willough who was looking as gorgeous as any sixty-eight year old woman could look. She had on an golden dress which was the definition of extravagant and did her justice by accentuating her figure and her light brown eyes; which sometimes seemed amber while other times were so brown that I found myself suitably confused. Miss Willough however didn't care as her dress taste remained impeccable.

"I'm sorry." She said as soon as I close enough to grasp her words.

"It wasn't your fault in any way Miss Willough." I quickly said. Although she hadn't said what she was apologising for, I knew it had everything to do with her grandson, Malik.

"I thought I raised him well."

"You did. It's not your fault." I sighed as I gave her a small hug.

"I really wanted you to be my grand daughter-in-law." She wiped the corner of her eyes like tears had started to make their way down. "Either way. It worked out a bit well." She said before I could make any comments.