Prolouge

Fitz's POV

"Sophie, Hey!" I exclaimed as she walked into my room, she pulled out an eyelash. A clear sign she was nervous. "I need to tell you something." She said while looking down and twiddling her thumbs. "What is it." I asked setting my book down on my bed. "Well I like you, in a more than friend, more than cognate type of way." She said so fast I could barley keep up. I stared at her wide eyed, dumbfounded and shocked. "But you don't need me anyway." She said with tears threatening to fall down her face. "I can tell you like Linh, it's obvious because of how you swoon over her Hydrokenisis." She added before she ran out of the room, her soft blonde hair swaying as her tears fell out of her pretty brown eyes. "No..I do need you." I said as my knees buckled when the door slammed shut in my face. I grabbed my head and quietly crying on the floor of my room. "Why didn't I say anything, why, why, why!" I yelled at my self as I slammed my fist against the wood floor. "Sing song, spring song... then let's fly, follow the pretty bird across the sky. Call swan, fall swan... then let's rest tucked in the branched of your quiet nest." I recited the ancient poem 38 times before I calmed down enough from seeing Sophie breakdown, because of me. All because of me and because I was to dumbfounded to even say, I do to! It was a simple task, yet when I needed those three words the most my vocal cords felt like sandpaper, charred from a hot desert sun. Right now I felt the same, but my mind was the thing being charred by an anger warming feeling of loneliness, sadness, anger, and....

Guilt.

I hope you enjoyed the prolouge. Don't worry acatual chapters I will try to make over 500 words, maybe 600 if I get my sleeping schedule in order.
To: the 2 people who will actually read this story. (If I'm lucky)
From: PastelAesthetic