Chapter 12

Shout out to SophieFoster2790 for this awesome idea! Also just changed my profile pic and I'm happy.

Sophie's POV

I saw Fitz laying against Calla's panakes tree not sure if he was still awake. I was maybe 8 feet from him making sure I was very quiet  until I made a wrong step. I stepped in some sort of mud and made a small screech because my foot just fell through this big muddy hole. Fitz turned his head very quickly, a look ready to fight someone if needed. "Sophie?" He questioned mussing with his hair as he slowly stood up. He slowly put down a book that he was working on and walked over to me in disbelief. "But I-I thought you had another 2 weeks!" He exclaimed resting his hands on my shoulders. "I heal fast." I replied happily. I haven't seen anyone but Elwin, Grady, and Edaline in weeks. He rapped me up in a big tight hug. "You don't know how much I missed you Sophie." He muttered into my hair as I hugged him back. "I missed you to, Fitz." I whispered as we quieted down and he just rested his head on my shoulder. "You have no idea how worried I was. I thought about stopping studying to see you and remembered that you wouldn't let me leave if you were there. So I didn't." "I'm sure that you will pass, and now that I'm back there's no reason to worry." I told Fitz. "Oh now I sound like Alden." I groaned as I covered my mouth. He chuckled sweetly which made me giggle. "I'm glad your back Sophie." He said then chuckled once more.

Once we stopped hugging we sat next to each other on the panakes tree and I started reading Fitz's telepathy book over his shoulder. When he noticed me he moved his arm so I could read better. After a while he started nodding off to sleep letting the book lay flat in my lap. His head laid against my shoulder, his fluffy chocolate brown hair tickling my neck. I attempted not to laugh as I slowly moved his head into my hand and I set it on my knees. I leaned fully against the tree and let Fitz relax next to the book that I continued reading.

After a while I set the book down and played with Fitz's hair. I slowly brushed my fingers against his head and he didn't wake up so I continued. The sky was finally setting after about 20 minutes of us sitting their. I stayed like that for a while and then my eyelids began to feel heavy. I didn't stop myself from falling asleep because I needed to sleep more anyway. I smiled as I closed m eyes and slowly fell asleep.

Fitz's POV

I woke up to something warm on my face and when I opened my eyes I saw slender fingers. Sophie had her fingers in my hair and looked like she fell asleep in the middle of playing with it. Making sure I was quiet I picked my head up and let Sophie's hand lay on her lap. (A/N While editing this I hit 2k reads, thank you!) "Sophie, wake up." I whispered while Bentley shaking her. She opened her eyes and I swear for a split second I saw them turn blue. I convinced myself I was seeing things but as we walked back, hand in hand, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

So short I'm off to write another one I was planning on making this 950 words but it's 588 so I'm writing another one write now, hopefully out in 40 min. I nEeD tO GIve YOu cOntEnt