Chapter 6

Sophie's POV

My wrists burned from the rope, my abdomen hurt, my eyes sore from tears. Worst of all my throat rough and scratchy, like sandpaper. I haven't had food or water in days. To be honest I feel like I already died. I haven't seen anything in days, haven't had a single good feeling in days. I might to die today. Whatever day that is. I don't know how long I've been sitting here being electrocuted every ten seconds.

Fitz's POV

I was so worried about Sophie it was sickening. Over the past few days me and Biana have been sitting in a room with the collective, Keefe, Dex, Tam, and Linh. The more days that went by the more hope I lost. "It's been a week and we haven't gotten anywhere. What now?" Keefe asked, which I'm sure he just said what everyone was thinking. "We should try to reach out to her again." I suggested. "She'll probably just be sedated again, you can try. I'll help you." Mr. Forkle agreed.

'Sophie.' I transmitted. This is probably the 14th time that I've tried this in the past week. I heard small, quiet thoughts. They seemed panicked, scared, and hopeless. 'SOPHIE!' I yelled out to the mind this time. Pray to god this was Sophie. There were hundreds, thousands of minds that I heard. I just reached out to the one that was the most scared, and that I felt a tug towards. 'Fitz?' I heard Sophie's mental voice ask. She sounded tired, scared, weak. It made me start to shake. Knowing that she was alone, hurt, and scared was scary. 'Sophie, where are you?!' I transmitted. I felt my warm tears spill onto my hands, but I didn't care. 'I don't know.' She replied. I could tell that she was frightened. 'Transmit to me what your surroundings look like.' I told her. After a few seconds I saw the image of the room. It was dark and groggy, filled with barley anything at all. But in the corner I saw a pile of broken medlers along with one medler dotting on a table. In the mental image I saw the door to the room blurred out, from movement. 'Sophie?" I questioned cautiously. Our mental connection broke. "I reached out to her, but I only know what the inside of the room looked like." I told everyone. All of us but Keefe put our heads down. He grabbed a piece of mental projection paper  from the cabinet drawer behind his chair. "What does it look like?" Keefe asked. I don't know where he was going with it but I looked down at the paper and concentrated. Slowly the image of the room appeared on the paper. "Do you know where that is?" Dex asked hopefully. "No..." Keefe responded lowering his head. That simple word made all of my hope shatter into a million pieces. Biana started sobbing. Her hair was covering her face, and her hands were covering her eyes. "Biana what's wrong?" Dex asked. "Where all upset right now, it's okay." He continued. "No, It's not Dex. It's all my fault. Sophie asked me if she wanted to walk to class together. But I said later because I was late and didn't have my books." Biana whined and hit her fist against the table. She started losing control of herself and she had tears pooling out of her eyes. "Biana, don't do this to your self!" I said panicked. I reached into her mind and saw it shattering at a rapid pace. My little sisters mind was breaking, and I couldn't do a darn thing about it. Only Sophie can heal minds. I pulled myself out of her mind and sat in my own silence. When I got in a fight with Sophie I felt so guilty my mind could have broken, it should have broke that day. But it didn't, and I'm not letting this stop me. If we find Sophie we get her and Biana back. But if I let this shatter me once and for all it will put a second roadblock in getting her back and helping Biana. Dex was the first person to snap out of it and grabbed Biana as she was falling. "Biana!" Keefe yelled. Tam and Linh sadly watched their friends quiver in their boots in front of them. They didn't know this group for long but they knew they couldn't help here. They would just be the twins that have only done one good thing for this group. They could however help restore the gnomes villages. Tam proposed their decision. Everyone seemed to get a little more sad, but respected what they wanted to do. They shuffled out the door and shut it slowly, after giving the team one last wave. (Haha water puns)

And on that note, I end chapter 7. (I think it's chapter 7) And it's 11pm here so I'm going to bed and then starting chapter 8 in the morning. Good day/night! ❤️