'

Marissa sat in the background of their interview. Her face resting on her palm, her elbow resting on a plastic chair. Marissa took in every detail of Darren Chen, Shen Yue and the bothersome Dylan Wang.

Darren Chen felt a pair of eyes his way and he turned toward Marissa. His smile dropped and he furrowed his eyebrows. Marissa noticed his gaze and turned to towards the other stylist, most of them talking amongst them selves.

"What is this girl doing here, and why is no one taking her out?" Darren Chen whispers beneath his breath. He then noticed where she was placed. She was placed with the other makeup artists. The female interviewer takes notice in his sudden action and immediately looks toward Darren Chen.

"What was that Darren?" The female interviewer gives him a sickening smile. Darren Chen chokes on his saliva and Shen Yue puts her hand on his back. Marissa laughs knowing that the little gesture would go viral with dating rumours.

"Nothing is wrong, I just thought of something." Darren Chen smiles at the female interviewer, who now had her hand on his. Darren Chen was visibly uncomfortable but was afraid to move away. Everyone would see him pull away if he did, and the interviewer knew it.

"What is that something? Do you have a girl on your mind?" The male interviewer, who was keeping it professional, spoke up. Dylan Wang snorted and snickered. Darren can't get girls, Dylan Wang thought. Marissa being the fan girl she is, leaned in slightly.

"I was thinking, I haven't seen Dylan's new makeup artist and I would like to give her or him a warm welcome." Darren Chen smiles into the camera and the female interviewer pretends to be listening. Many people in the audience started making comments.

"What a gentleman."

"The girl he decides to be with is super lucky!"

"Why can't he be mine?!"
"Because you're mine."
"Whatever."

"She's actually here! She's very pretty and very kind. Darren would get along with her, right Dylan?" Shen Yue speaks and everyone shifts their eyes to Dylan Wang. Dylan Wang clears his throat, not having anything come to his mind.

"W-well yes. Yes about the Darren would get along with her thing, I mean. Can we just move on to the next topic?" Dylan Wang looks toward Darren Chen. They avert their eyes from each other, now stuck in memories.

Never again, Dylan Wang thinks.
Never again, Darren Chen thinks.

"Ugh... alright, Megan can you grab the truth or dare bucket?" The male interviewer turns to the female and she automatically takes her hands off of Darren Chen.

Marissa sits and watches the two boys shift uncomfortably. Way too uncomfortably.

~

The show was over and they were doing a goodbye scene. Marissa was backstage in front of Dylan Wang's dressing chair. She was waiting for him to hurry up so she could take his makeup off. She texted Jackson while she waited.

Marissa: i'm exhausted:(

Jackson, who was now placed back at his apartment, smiled at the message.

"She's so cute." Jackson says to an empty house. He thinks of a way to respond. He wanted to give her a hint of what he thought of her but didn't want to be too out there.