a

Soon enough, they were back to work. Dylan's behaviour was slowly getting better, she was not getting many yelling fits from how bad she is at her job. The managers decided to just film scenes that did not involve his lower legs, plus the doctors said that his cast would come off in a week or so.

Darren, and Marissa would meet up at times where no one could bother them, and their friendship was getting better. Everyone around them had noticed them both coming in with coffee from the same shop on many different occasions, and both Shen Yue and Dylan would question them, but the pair would brush it off as a coincidence. For those two weeks, everything seemed alright.

Though she had started seeing a lot more of Yuta, meaning a storm was coming. He would not have showed up to Situ Feng's house, unless he knew something was up. Marissa hopes that she would be able to clear her name, before him and his model girlfriend were able to throw her under the bus.

"What are you thinking about?" Dylan grabbed her iced coffee, drinking the rest of it before she could argue. The girl scowled at him, taking the empty cup and throwing it into recycling. He put his face in his arms, waiting for the girl to respond. They were opening up a little more to each other, meaning he was getting a little more irritating in a friendly way.

"Just because I wasn't talking to you, doesn't mean I was in deep thought. You owe me a coffee," she spoke, cleaning up the table they were sitting at. Everyone on set was packing up, making her sigh of relief, ready to sleep on her bed. Dylan was now allowed to go home, and take care of himself. The past weeks were a hell hole at the house, she barely sat down to take a good look at herself.

"Let's have a sleepover! Food is on me," he clapped his hands together, getting up to only wobble around for a few seconds. Marissa snickered, holding him up and helped him walk over to the driver.

"No, that's just an excuse to stay at my apartment again. You made me watch every movie in the Twilight series, the Harry Potter series, and every single dystopian movie to ever exist. Never again," she pointed at the man, and Dylan let out a nervous chuckle. The man got into the car, buckling his seat belt up. A set crew worker put his crutches in the trunk, and give the girl the thumbs up. She shut the door, only for the window to be rolled down.

"No goodbye kiss?" He tapped his cheek with his index finger. Marissa let out a loud laugh, flipping the him off.

"Take him away driver," she let out a small smile as she saw his lips turn into a pout. Her shoulders dropped, and she held her jacket close to her body. The weather was getting slightly better, but it was still getting quite cold. A car pulled up next her, rolling down the window.

"You looked a little bit lonely, thought I'd fix that." Jackson pointed to passenger seat, and she quickly got into the car. The warmth of the inclosed space hit her, and she basked in the nice feeling. He started driving, patting her thigh as he did.

"Haven't seen you since the last time we went out for the movie, how's mister tough guy?" He eyed the Marissa's face, taking in her under eyes, and the little acne outbreak she had on her cheeks. She raised her eyebrows, thinking of how to word her sentence.

"Dylan? He's feeling better, and get's up to walk around by himself sometimes. Takes most of my food though," she poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue, not noticing how hungry she was until now. Jackson hummed, stopped at a red light. He turned to her, watching as she looked as if she was about to drift off into sleep.

"Let's go get some food then. How does barbecue sound?" He squeezed the girl's thigh, smiling happily at how her face lit up at his words. She nodded, and he got into the left turn lane. They sat in comfortable silence, the two did not even have music on in the background. Just the two of them watching the world go by.

His phone started to go off like crazy, ruining the the nice moment they were having. It connected to the car, but when he took a glance at the caller, he ignored it. Marissa felt his grip on her thigh get tighter, and she furrowed her eyebrows. It went off once more, and this time he picked up out of irritation.

"You're on speaker." Jackson's voice was dark, scary even, and she had never heard it like this before. His jaw was clenched, his foot was on the acceleration. The car was going faster, and she was praying that no car would show up in front of them.

"I understand. I need you to come over tonight," a women's voice rang through the car, and Marissa gulped. She knew that voice, but she could not pin point it. She did not recognize the number, but the voice and accent rang bells in her mind.

"I'll be over at six," he hung up, slowing down the car. He looked over to see the girl tensed. He grabbed her hand, taking it into his and made the girl look at him. She let out a small smile, but it was visibly forced. He let out a sigh, not letting go of her hand but his eyes laid on the road in front of him.

"It was work related stuff, don't worry about it." His voice sounded shaky, like he was not sure if it was work related stuff himself. Marissa nodded, using her free hand to turn on the stereo. She did not look at him, just stared at their intertwined hands. Her mind was racing, wanting to question him on the phone call, but her heart stopped her.

As Jackson pulled into the plaza that had the restaurant, he kissed the girl's knuckles, keeping it pressed on them for a few seconds. He let go of her hand, getting out of the car to get a table for them both.

It was work related stuff, don't worry about it.

Marissa sure hopes it was just work related stuff.

_______

not edited.

i only checked over this twice,
so bare with me.

also you may be confused on
jackson and marissa.
they have been going on dates
lately, but they aren't official.
marissa also still thinks that
shen yue and dylan wang are going
out with each other.

this is a longer chapter for all
the short ones i've been giving!
sorry for the wait.