v

"Believe me! I had no idea of them dating! This is news, I thought Shen Yue has a different boyfriend." Darren got his own phone out, now texted both Dylan Wang and Shen Yue.

For some odd reason Marissa was upset, maybe it was because Dylan Wang hadn't told her. Or maybe it was for a different reason. Either way she didn't like them dating.

"Darren, why are you stressing?" Marissa says. She grabs his phone and moves over, making a spot on the bed for him to relax with her. Darren was gawking at her, she had just made a huge mistake.

"Y-you just called me Darren." He points at Marissa and then at himself. Marissa scrunches her face up in confusion but then notices her mistake.

"I am so sorry Darren Chen, please forgive me." Her face heated up and she couldn't look Darren Chen in the eyes. She didn't know what came over her to drop formalities with him. She started bowing slightly, but he stopped her right away.

"Yah! Why are you sorry, I want you to call me Darren. When you call me by my full name I seem old." Darren Chen sits next to her, getting under the covers as well. He holds his hand out for his phone, Marissa gives it to him hoping not to engage in conversation.

"Anyways, the Shen Yue and Dylan thing will blow over. It's probably just a rumour." Darren Chen grabs the remote and turns on the TV. He changes the channel to news.

"It is said to start raining tomorrow and not stop until next week. We advise you to only leave the house if needed. Schools are still in session, it is up to the parents to send them or not." The news broadcast changed to commercials and Marissa slumped in her bed.

"Are you affected by Dylan dating someone?" Darren Chen says,
slightly leaning into Marissa. Marissa looks up to him, was she affected by the rumours?

"Of course not, I'm just upset that he didn't tell me. Never thought Shen Yue would like that dickhead." Marissa laughs, she was nervous for some reason. It didn't matter, as long as this didn't interfere with her job.

"Good, don't get attached." Darren Chen smiles at smaller girl and leans his head on her shoulder. Her face heats up and she puts her head on his.

"Why would I get attached?" Marissa says, the news was back on. They were talking about a young girl who had died from a car accident. Kids dying were an extremely sensitive subject with her, it was just the saddest thing. To think they never got to live through their full childhood.

"The old makeup artist got fired by doing that, I don't want you getting fired as well." Darren Chen says as his phone starts buzzing. Marissa was shocked, she had always wondered how the last makeup artist had gotten fired.

How far did the lady go? Maybe Marissa should stop letting her guard down around him. She should space herself from him for a bit.

"I won't get attached, I always promise myself to not get attached to people from work." Marissa says looking at the bottom of the TV screen. Dylan Wang and Shen Yue are dating, Meteor Gardens management comes out with a statement.

"I wouldn't mind if you got attached to me..." Darren Chen mumbles under his breath but Marissa was too infatuated with what was on the screen. She then takes her eyes off of that and looks back to the main news.

"Police are reopening up an investigation from two years back, the parents of the victim paid a fortune ton of money for this day. They still want justice for the students who had killed their son." The news lady had a picture of the male who was killed. Marissa's eyes widened as she stumbled to grab the remote.

Darren Chen was confused as ever with the girl. Marissa grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, breathing heavily. She looked to a photo on her counter. It was a photo of the man on the TV. Marissa could not let Darren Chen see that photo.

Marissa quickly got off the bed and heads for the counter. She opened a drawer and pretended to look for something, she slowly put the picture in the drawer. She took out a small teddy bear and pretended like that was the thing she was looking for.

"I remember seeing that case, years back. It was sad, truly sad. A fun night gone wrong, as I'd like to say." Darren Chen inspected the very nervous girl. Marissa gave a very fake smile and grabbed her phone.

"Yes, very sad. I need to go to the bathroom, excuse me." Marissa quickly headed to the washroom, slamming the door behind her. She took a deep breath in and closed her eyes.

"Reopening the case?" Marissa looked to herself in the mirror. She was on the boat that night, she watched as they threw him in the water. She was the killer.

Reopening the case would get her thrown in jail.

She slid down the washroom wall and held the small bear close to her heart. Marissa was scared, terrified even. This was truly the worst point in her life.

Darren Chen put his ear up to the door, he heard Marissa's slow and unsteady breaths. His eyes darted to the drawer. He walked over to it and had his hand on the handle. Darren Chen looked back to the bathroom door and took a big breath.

"This is for your safety Marissa." He opened the drawer.

Darren Chen then proceeded to see the picture.

_______
the cringe scenes are so
much better.

i went through a cringe
fest tho. why do people
even read this trash sksksks.

don't worry next chap
will have a dylanxmarissa.
i kinda enjoy darrenxmarissa,
just because i feel as if
they're really comfortable
around each other.

edited.