_

"Marissa,"

"You're here, why?" Water is shown everywhere. All she can see is him. Just him in all the blurry ness. She tried rubbing her eyes, but it didn't help her shape the eyesight.

"I- I really don't know." He snakes his arm around her waist and pulls her closer. He swims to the top of the water, Marissa in his arms.

"I didn't think you'd join me this quickly." His low chuckles sounded like he was kidding around, but his face showed something else. Marissa didn't want to be here with him, she didn't want to be anywhere with him.

"I didn't either, where are we?" Marissa grips on to his shoulders tightly, she couldn't swim. The man notices her posture and pulls her in tightly.

"Most of us call this death but I call it my happy place." He smiles and inhales the scent of the humid night. Marissa takes a look at her surroundings. Happy place? More like her nightmare.

"Isn't this where-"

"Sometimes I can still hear their laughs. Sometimes I can hear your shouts. Shouts for someone to help me," He looks off to the boat in the distance. Marissa looks as well and notices something, someone. It was her. She was trying to scream for someone, anyone to help the man in the water.

"But no one cared, they pushed your cries away." He closes his eyes and smiles. Marissaa shivers, remembering the sight of him sinking, white fuzz buzzing in his mouth.

"I- you're not real? I'm hallucinating. Tell me i'm going to wake up. Please wake me up!" Marissa starts squirming in his grip, hoping she'd slip in his grip but it was as strong as it was before.

"Don't worry, I know what you're thinking, I blamed that terrifying night on you but I didn't. I blamed it on me, Marissa. I blamed it on me."

"Marissa!" She shot up straight in the bed, grabbing the hand closest to her. Shen Yue? Darren Chen? They were all around her. Shen Yue smiles in relief, while Darren Chen caressed her face. She grabs his hand, pushing it away from her face.

"Where am I?" Marissa grabs her forehead and checks the time. Eight fifty six pm. Darren Chen chuckles and Shen Yue giggles. Ah was confused on why they were laughing, the girl was in a hospital bed.

"A hospital, you seemed to take the least impacted fall." Darren Chen smiles and sits on the bed. Marissa panics as she sees white everywhere, she really was in a hospital.

"What had happened?" She laid back in bed as Shen Yue went to fetch a nurse. The girl was in so much pain, that was all she could feel. It felt as if someone shove a sharp stick into her back.

"The elevator collapsed. Dylan woke up, hearing the cords breaking but you were a heavy sleeper. I'm guessing he covered you and he took the blow. Shen Yue went inside and noticed a lot of people around the elevator. She called Dylan but when he didn't pick up she called me."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." Darren Chen noticed her face. Her stupid and dumbfounded face. Dylan Wang saved her, she could've died. She wasn't worrying about herself, she was worried about him.

"Is Dylan Wang okay? Where is he?" Marissa started getting out of her bed but Darren Chen started holding her back. The man was acting weird, like he didn't want her to know something.

"I don't know how to break it to you, but he's not with us anymore." Darren Chen bit his lip as he said it. Marissa collapsed. She was going to lose her job. She was the cause of his death, another death.

"Let me see him! I demand for me to see him at this instance!" Marissa stands up and pushes herself out of his grip, Darren Chen nods and grabs her hand. He walks her down the hall to Dylan Wang's room, ignoring Shen Yue's and the nurses calls. He points to a door and Marissa slowly walks in.

She instantly noticed the insanely pale man on the bed. He laid still, the heart monitor was off. She bites her lip and stands next to his face. Marissa bends down to his face and holds his face in her hands.

His face was freezing and his body quickly warmed up at the touch. She smiled while she caressed his face. Darren Chen, Shen Yue and the nurse stood in the door frame.

"I'm sorry. God damn, this is my fault. I killed you. Instead of being a hero, you should've just woken me up dumbass. You should've protected yourself, what will your fans do? Fucking bullshit, i'm going to get so much hate because of you," She smiles at the fragile man, a tear slips down her face. For some reason the girl felt like mourning, she needed to mourn.

"I didn't get to tell you that I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it when I said that you weren't good looking. You're very good looking jackass. Maybe if I told you my floor number a few seconds earlier you wouldn't be dead," Suddenly she saw something move under the bed. She noticed a cast and it all clicked.

"But honestly I'm kind of glad you're gone, now I can become Darren Chen's makeup artist. You're such a dickface," Marissa slapped him and scoffed. Dylan Wang opened his eyes and smiled, a proper smile. The cast gave it away to her, why would a dead person need a bone healed.

"Ouch, that hurt. I enjoyed when you called me good looking. Let's pretend I'm dead and you can start over." He starts to close his eyes but stops when he noticed tears running down her face. He reached his hand out to touch her face but she moved back.

"Hey, are you crying?" Dylan Wang had his sympathetic face on but Marissa went stone cold. He was alive, there was no use for Marissa to be any kind of upset.

"Get some rest Dylan Wang." She turned around and walked toward the exit. She wasn't upset because of Dylan Wang tricking her, she was upset knowing that she almost killed another person.

"Marissa! I'm sorry! Please come back here!" Marissa quickly closed the door. Darren Chen nervously smiles and scratches the back of his neck. Marissa pointed at him,

"Don't come into my room." She walks off, with Darren Chen pouting. She can hear Shen Yue pondering him with questions.

She gets into her bed and sighs.

She almost killed him.

And in the other room Dylan Wang sits in the room, hating how he felt at that moment but he turns it around. He didn't want to admit that he caused this all, he pin pointed it on her.

"I hate my makeup artist."

_______

edited.