_

"That was quite a long time, don't you think?" Dylan's large body blocked the way, holding Marissa's wrist as she tried to get by him. His eyes narrowed at the smaller girl, watching as she winced at the pain in her wrist. He quickly let go, stepping back slightly.

"I went for coffee," half lie. She did get coffee, but she wasn't out for coffee. Her mind traced back to Darren Chen's face as she told him the whole story. The truth.

"You guys pushed him!?" Darren Chen's posture changed, it wasn't the relaxed posture he use to have around Marissa. She looked around, watching as everyone stared at the pair. She pulled a sweet smile amongst her lips, grabbing his knee from under the table.

"I didn't fucking push him, they did. I tried to stop them," she hissed at the boy across from her. Everyone else turned away, not wanting to involve themselves into a couple's fight.

"Well why is he dead then?" His eyes nervously looked around the room as he whispered those words. Marissa shuddered, she did not need to be reminded about that. Her finger laid upon the CD, pushing it closer to him.

"I was held back. They threatened to push me too. I don't know what to do Darren Chen, I was stupid. I watched as he screamed for help. I have nightmares, and now my nightmare is real. They're bringing the case back, and I'm going to be found guilty."

They both stood staring at the CD. The one thing that held the truth. What had happened that night was in Marissa's and Darren Chen's hands. But what were they suppose to do?

"Why don't you testify against the people that pushed him?" Darren Chen finally had the confidence to look the girl in the eyes. Her eyes weren't the happy ones he had seen when they first met. They were dark, dead.

"They're all against me Darren. A whole party, against one." Marissa looked to the table. She was gone, her life was over. She didn't have enough proof for a community helper, and she definitely didn't have enough money for a professional lawyer.

Darren Chen put a finger against her chin, lifting it up to meet eye to eye.

"Well then we're just going to have to find a pot hole in their plan."

"Hey? Are you even listening to me?!" Dylan ran a bunch of hands through his hair, staring at the slightly smiley girl. She couldn't help but think about how sweet Darren Chen was, he was helping the girl with no thought. Sadly the circumstances he was helping in was upsetting.

"Yes I'm listening, you big baby. Now what do you want to eat?" Marissa put a hand on his jaw, lightly tapping it. She slid on her slippers, walking toward the kitchen. He followed the girl pounding her with questions.

"Why were you smiling a few seconds ago? Hunh? Were you with a guy?" Dylan watched the girl's mood change in a matter of seconds. He knew something was going on.

Dylan saw the messages from Darren Chen.

He'll find out what's going on with her.

Because she's his makeup artist.

_______

edited.

hello! i am extremely sorry for the late update. life has been very difficult lately for everyone and i am so sorry we all have to go through this.

1. wash your hands. thirty seconds at most.
2. social distancing! this is crucial so please do it.
3. self isolation. do not go out unless you have to!
4. the hospitals are filling up fast so please do as your leader says. my leader is saying that if you have mild cases stay at home and take medication until you're horribly sick, so recourses are not taken from the critical. this is different for each country so please find out how it is in your own.
5. listen to your leader whether you like them or not! they're trying to do what's best for you.

finally please stay up to date on the news for this virus, because at this moment it's not to be taken lightly.

stay safe, and love you all!