Chapter 12

"Wow. It seems I drank too much tea. May I be excused?"

"Yes, the lavatory is down the hall to the right."  Says Lau

"Sebastian, You will need to come with me of course."
I look over at Sebastian raising my eyebrows hoping he would catch on.

"Why would he need to come?"

"Why because I need to take care of this horrid rip in my tailcoat."
He points at a small chunk of fabric missing from the end of his suit. When did he have the time to do that? He really is fast.

"The physical appearance of a butler reflects that of his master, this tatter is inexcusable and must be taken care of at once. Luckily, I always carry my thread and needle along with me."

"Yes, and that is why we must be excused" I say giving a small curtsy before I leave.

Sebastian and I are walking down the hallway of the mansion.

Sebastian suddenly stops

"What is wrong?"

"Sebastian, I figured out how to complete the trance. I have been doing it completely wrong. There was a reason my mother was the only one to complete it."

I reach into my pocket and pull out the knife

"Because she was the only one who had this."

"And what would this be?"

"It was her knife."

"Right now you are so weak. Are you certain you will be able to complete it safely on the first try?"

"No. Although, I must at least attempt doing so."

"Would you like to practice on me first?."

"No."

I say no because if this knife is the knife I presume it to be it has the potential to kill a demon.

Thinking now, there is no random reason my mother chose to stay with the undertaker. He was a reaper, and only reapers know how to see the past safely. Seeking this ability, the knife was most likely made by the undertaker himself for my mother.

Therefore, if it was made with reaper materials there is no telling what abilities this knife has. Purposely, I leave this information from Sebastian.

"Because I have a feeling this time it will work." I say with a smile.

I tell Sebastian my plan then we walk back into the room.

"Please, I hope you pardon our previous interruption I say before sitting back down beside Ciel."

"No worries"
Exclaims Lau before lighting his pipe once again.

Seriously, how can this man smoke this whilst being in the middle of interrogation?
I get up from my seat and walk across the room towards Lau.

"You know, I am yet to have tried opium."

"Oh really? You must try it. It is very good for calming the body and it aids to relieve stress."

Well, I have the answer to that question.

I take the seat beside him and Lau extends his hand for me to take the pipe he is holding.

I see my opening.

I hit the pipe from his hand across the room and grab hold of his palms. Suddenly, Lau's shoulders relax, his eyes shut and his mouth is agape.

He has fallen into the trance.

"What have you done to my master?!" Yells Ran Mao.

She suddenly pulls out two silver fans with sharp blades on the ends.

"Die" she says throwing the blade towards my neck

Sebastian catches it just in time

She jumps in the air throwing the other blade towards Sebastian and he blocks it with one of his silver kitchen knives.

The other women begin running out of the room in a panic.

Now I just need to draw my blood. Using the skill I practiced before with Ciel I quickly let go of Lau's hands while he is still in the trance and grab the knife. I wince in pain as I cut a clean line across my wrist.

"Into the soul"  I say as I open Lau's eyes and squeeze some drops of my blood

"And onto the heart" I say rubbing my blood across his chest

Suddenly my body feels frozen. With this, I am able to see all the previous sins Lau has made over his past years. His memories are stored in the form of a book. I flip though the pages looking. I do not see anything regarding him selling or creating deadly drugs. He must be innocent. Although, I notice him signing a contract for something and giving it to a man with white hair and violet eyes. Why would this be in his book of sins?
This man may have answers to our questions.

The trance is closed when Lau wakes up abruptly. He looks around the room confused and dazed.

"Ciel! Lau is innocent. I discovered the secret to the past trance and I saw. Although, Lau I have a feeling that you were betrayed."

"Lau it seems Miss Silverado has cleared your name."

Lau motions for Ran Mao
She compliantly drops her weapons and sits back down on Lau's lap.

...

"I see, so you are a medium. I have never seen abilities like that. I was completely under your control."

"Lau have you made any recent changes in authority regarding your business?" I ask

"Yes I recently hired a new chain manager for my opium factory. Odd looking fellow."

"White hair and purple eyes correct?"

"Why yes. How did you know?"

"I saw everything. In fact I know many things about you now after looking. For instance, how at night when everyone is asleep you go into that little room and-"

Lau's eyes go wide and his face turns beet red

"No need to disclose such personal information Miss Silverado! I will tell you everything I know about that man. Or perhaps, an even better opportunity, I meet him every week at the peer for updates on my factories. You can go in my place on Sunday at five and ask him anything you desire"

"Yes that should do. Thank you for your Cooperation." I say smiling

"We will be leaving now Lau." Says Ciel
...
At the Phantomhive Estate

"Good work today Miss Silverado. You did well."  Says Ciel

"Thank you Ciel, for believing in me."

Sebastian walks me up to my room.
"Well, good night Sebastian" I say turning around to go into my chambers when I suddenly loose my balance and fall.
Sebastian catches me before I hit the ground

Sebastian's POV
Looking at her, her skin was extremely pale, and her usual plump lips were dry

"You need rest."

I place her on her bed

"I feel... so cold." She says curling her body up into a little ball

I feel her skin, she was perspiring excessively.

She seems to be experiencing the effects of extreme blood loss. 

I place her blanket over her and kiss her forehead gently

"Mmmm" she says with a smile before she closes her eyes and drifts to sleep.

"Good night, Miss Silverado."