29

Sebastian's POV
I will take him from here gentlemen.

The guard looks at me, suspicion prominent on his face.

Curtesy of Mr. Charles Phipps, I hold up the silver badge.
For the man who guards the queen, I find him to be a rather dense fellow. It was almost too easy removing it from his coat pocket.

The guard seems satisfied with what he sees and hands me the rope.

I escort the gypsy into the carriage and toss the rope behind me.

"Why you are quite the brave fellow; untying me. Are you not scared?
Say, are you not the butler I seen earlier?"

Silence.
I only look at him. How is it that she was afraid of such a weak man? She holds such power she can bring me literally to my knees and this coward daunted her to the point where she felt unsafe even next to me...I despise him.

"So you are the one who seems to be causing my Chloe all these troubles."

He smirks.
"I see, so you are laying with Chloe-anné. I remember her mother was quite the beauty years ago. Almost identical you know."

"How do you know her mother?"

"Chloe is my niece."

This imbecile is her uncle? I am almost certain that she is unaware.

"As much as I love the banter that we are sharing, I do not have much time left."

I take off the white glove on my right hand.

The Gypsy looks down at my dark fingernails and when he sees the symbol on my hand, his eyes go wide.
I smile.

"You are-"

I cease his words.

"Yes, that is correct."

I sigh in discontent.
"Because of you, lately she has almost no time for me, and you cause my lady great discontentment.
You are a problem.
You see, I am quite busy to say the least and I haven't any room for problems. Thenceforth, they must be eradicated...immediately."

I remove the glove on my left hand.

"Wait! I know you think you are doing my niece a kindness but her sister is not the woman that she thinks she is. You will see this. If anything this whole situation was protecting her."

"You see Mr. Silverado, I simply do not care."

I bring one hand around his neck and squeeze.
I feel his pulse racing as he struggles beneath my grasp.
My my, humans are so fragile.

I release my hold and he gasps for air hysterically.

Pathetic.

I trace a finger nail down his neck all the way down to his chest where his heart is beating even more rapidly.

"Currently, she wishes for her sister to live, and unfortunately for you, that means that you must die."

In one swift motion, I claw my hand into his chest and rip out his throbbing heart. I watch his hollowed chest as his corpse falls back.