XXVII

Once again, all the players are lined up and waiting to resume the match. They chat amongst each other of strategies and analyze the other team.

As I think of a plan, I notice that watching me just outside the field is Sebastian.
He truly is incredible to have finished speaking to all those people in such a short amount of time.

He motions for me to come to him.

I pull beauty in the direction of Sebastian and make my way over.
He then takes his large gloved hand in my mine and slips something between my fingers. I look at him confused.

He pulls his hand away
and revealed to me is a beautiful, black, full grain leather, polo glove.

"Every good polo player needs a glove" he says

"Where did you get this? It is gorgeous."  I say with a smile prominently on my face.

Suddenly Grey calls for the players to get ready.

"Thank you" I shout as I ride back to the starting point. I find myself  much more confident while wearing the glove. I run my fingers over the smooth chamois. This must have cost a small fortune.

The glove... Every polo player only wears one glove.
I cannot touch their hands and do a trance as they ride much to fast for me to grab hold during the match. Although, all I really have to do is stop the players before the game even begins!

Currently, I am facing a tall man with with long, brown hair. If I recall correctly, studying from the last game he should be the other team's "tactical player" the most important and offensive role. I ride my horse closer towards his so that they are practically touching nose to nose.
Then, I lean forward and he looks at me slightly confused. I extend my right hand towards him.
"Let us have a good game, shall we?" I say with my most charming smile.

"Yes, indeed." He says then he finally accepts my hand. I stare into his eyes and smile as I realize my plan has been set into motion. Then, under my breath I say the three words "Videre in mihi" I feel his hand go limp in mine and watch his eyes go blank. I let go of his hand and he remains in his static state. It will not last long. Even so, if I am correct, it will give me enough time to steal the ball at the beginning of the game.

Grey notions for me to get back into my position and I do as told.

He sounds the bugle, and the game begins. The man  with the long hair remains there, motionless and dazed, just as planned. This made it incredibly easy for me to take the ball and maneuver my way around the other players who all seem surprised and confused. Of course, this was also expected as their entire game strategy had been ruined when I practically temporarily paralyzed their most important player.

Then I did it...I scored a goal!

The men on my team cheer for me in amazement. I look at the man with the long hair and he seems to be freshly woken from the trance and confused. The men on the other team seem to be scolding him.
I sneak a glance in Grey's direction. He raises and eyebrow and I notice his lips turn into a small smirk for a brief second.

For the next chukka, their team seemed to have changed their tactical leader. Even so, it did not stop me. I continue the same routine with the other teams starting player, then their defensive player, offensive player and so on. Each encounter more creative than the next. I would wish them a good game, compliment their wedding ring or even touch their hand by "accident".
Soon enough I had scored 8 goals and the game had come to an end.