Chalpter 19

The next morning...
Chloe's POV
I wake up, take my coat off the ground and put it back on. I look in a nearby mirror and notice my hair is a complete disaster. I had only packed essentials as I was in a hurry so I currently do not have a comb. Which is quite a stupid move for someone with curly hair such as myself. We do not have the luxury of simply waking up with tame hair.

I improvise by quickly plaiting my hair and just letting it fall over my shoulder.
I take one last look and decide that is most likely as satisfied as I will be with it in my current situation.

"Undertaker!" I call

I hear no reply.
I peek into the black coffin only to find that it was unoccupied and all that remained inside were some old, rotting dog biscuits.
I gag from the rancid odour. How could one sleep in that?

I walk around the building and see no sight of him.
He must have left.

I decide not to wait on him as it is best that I leave as early as possible.
So I take one of the pens and some ink off of his table and write him a note.

I hear a knock at the door.
Finally he has come home.

"You came back. What were you doing ?" I say as I open the door

"I could ask you that same question."
I look up to see Ciel and Sebastian standing in-front of the door.

"Damn."

I quickly close the door in their faces

"Chloe, open the door." Says Ciel

I slowly open the door and present a smile that I assume appeared quite awkward looking.

"How are you two? What brings you to this part of town?"

Silence

"Alright, I know that you are wondering why it is that I left so suddenly. You must know, it was for a salient reason. There are some people after me and I need to escape. I could not stay in the mansion any longer. Also, how did you find me so quickly? That was extremely fast, even for you two."

"I am the reason he found you so quickly."

My mouth becomes dry and my heart stops.

"Lapis!?"

I am astonished to see her step out of the carriage that was behind Sebastian and Ciel. Staring at me with her grey eyes and that same blank expression.

"Do not forget the most important and beautiful sister."

I recognize that obnoxious, shrill voice.

"Moon!?"

She steps outside the carriage shortly after.

"Wow Lapis, look at her face! She looks like we are the last people on earth she wishes to see. And escape? You make it sound as if we are evil criminals. We are your sisters.
Evidently you remain the same, dramatic as ever.
All though... you are not completely the same. Look at your stomach and legs, with all that traveling you have gotten a little fa-"

"Moon!"
Lapis hits Moon on the head

"Ouch! How many times must I tell you? Do not touch my hair!" Moon desperately combs through her wavy brown hair with her fingers."

I see my day is off to a magnificent start.