Chapter 22

The next morning...

I wake up feeling just as weary as when I lay down last night. I was not able to sleep well as I was continually dwelling on the chaotic events of yesterday evening.

I take my brush and proceed to give my hair a well deserved detangling. I then decide to change into some fresh attire and chose a silk, cordovan coloured dress.
I walk down the hallway to go to the kitchen and have something to eat. It is still quite early. Therefore, hopefully I will be able to speak with Sebastian alone.

As I am walking, I notice Lapis is having a conversation with Mey-Rin outside of her room.

"Did you sleep well last night miss?" Asks Mey-Rin

"Yes I did." Reply's Lapis

"Wow, you really do resemble your sister. All three of you are so beautiful."

Lapis leans in close to Mey-Rin's face

"Do you really think so? If you had to chose, which one of us is more attractive to you?"

Mey-Rin's cheeks turn to a deep shade of red

"A- I- um" Mey-Rin stutters, she is lost for words.

Lapis traces a finger down Mey-Rin's arm

"I think you are really beautiful." Says Lapis

Mey-Rin clears her throat
"I really must go prepare the table Miss!" And she rushes down the hallway past Lapis

That was very wrong of me to listen to the conversation. Even so, Lapis was attempting to seduce Mey-Rin! I had never thought Lapis even had feelings. Back home, Lapis never showed any interest in relationships, or even friendships. She had no other hobbies or interests other than our performances.
A relationship between two women...
To many it is frowned upon. However, one cannot simply chose who they fall in love with. And how is a relationship between two women different to that of a relationship between a man and a woman. Nevertheless, I have seen the way Mey-Rin looks at Sebastian sometimes and she seems to be completely interested in men. I wonder how this will turn out for Lapis.

"What is on your mind?"

"Love"

I look up and I am surprised to see Sebastian standing in front of me. He has one eyebrow raised and his lips are turned into a sly smirk. I was so deep in thought I was not paying attention.

"Love-ly breakfast, I am extremely hungry." I say

"Miss Silverado... could it be that perhaps, you are falling for me?"
Asks Sebastian

My heart beat speeds up

"Woah, relax. I was not talking about me."

We begin walking down the hallway and eventually reach the kitchen.

"Today I will be making fried ta'meya complimented with a curry style besara" Says Sebastian as he stands over the stove and begins stirring ingredients in the pot.

"Those dishes are Egyptian cuisine"

"Indeed they are"
I smile at Sebastian