ch.10 Nick

As we drove on the road I could hear the wind rushing through my helment. I looked at the signs none of them I reconized."Where are we going?" I yelled. "Just hold on tight we are going to take a detour." he yelled back. "What?!" I said franticly. He then turned into the woods. I held on for dear life. That ride was bumpy. The only light was the reflection of the moon and the bike's head lights. I felt my palms begin to sweat and so I held on even tighter if that was possible. One thing I have always hated was dirt bikes and motorcycles. I fear them with all my life. I looked around and only saw the trees rush by and then I saw a light up ahead. Nick stopped us at the house. "What are we doing here?" I asked Nick still not letting go."This is my buddy Nico's house. Just let go and I'll help you off." he said. I slowly relaxed my muscles and let go. He held my hand as I got off. "Scared of bikes, huh." he said. "They just death machines. Nothing to be scared of there." I said while taking the helmet off and shook out my hair. Nick smirked,"Right. I'll add that to the bucket list for you.". "Why are we here?" I asked Nick as he put the kick stand up. "Nico has my car. I'm getting it back."he said."You have a car?"I asked him alittle shocked. "What did you think. My family is rich so they buy me only a motorcylce and tell me to live with that. No I have a life and there are many ways to live it, trust me I know." he snickered.

           Nick started walking to the nice modern day house. I stopped following to keep distance from the door. I started shivering. Even though it's summer the nights get very cold. Nick went up the stairs and knocked on the door. I could tell the living room was right there because I could see the light from the t.v. through the window. Nick knocked again. "Who is it?" some one said."Who is it? Nico open the door." Nick said. The door openned and out came a boy that was scronny but had muscles. He wasn't built like Nick and was atleast half a foot shourter than him. This must be Nico. He had russet skin and a tactoo of a dragon on his right arm. He looked tough with his hair cut that was pulled to one side and the other side was shaved off but he had designs on that side. He had an eyebrow cut of three lines. His other arm had a stripe tactoo that ran around his bicep. He look like a chill type of guy."Hey what's up Nick." Nico said rubbing his eye and yawning. "I need my car." Nick said. Nick started saying somthing else and the conversation between them was to quiet for me to hear. I just stood there shivering. Nico kept glancing up at me. "Dude it's cool get your girl and come on in. I think she might be freezing her toes off."he said as he glanced up at me again. Nick signaled me to come in side. It walked over and walked in Nick came in after me.

             "Where's your parents?" Nick asked Nico. "Vacation. They wanted to bring me along but I just wanted the house to myself. I basicly became a free man after they left but you know a free man for free. Sounded like a good deal but they call me all the time. I have to always come up with some reason why I don't answer the phone. I've been partying so much that I've just took the day off. But man do the ladies want me back." he laughed and did a hand shake with Nick. "Well we have a problem. Jake did it again." Nick began. I didn't want to listen to the conversation so I walked out of the room while they talked. I went around looked at all the pictures. On the wall. The family pictures, drawings, poems, and more decore. I noticed in the family picture that there was a little boy and a girl that looked older than him. The boy must have been Nico and thae girl must have been his sister. I couldn't take my eyes of the picture. "Her name was Brinda. She my older sister." Nico said scaring me and I jumped alittle from surprise."Where's Nick?" I asked."He is putting his bike in the back of his truck." he said walking towards me. "Don't try anything or I'll..."I said he put his hands up showing he ment no harm to me."Woah, slow down chick. Nick told me what happened. Are you okay?" he asked me. "Just a little scared and shocked and a little shaken up but nothing to big of a problem." I said. He smiled. "I guess not chick."he said. "So Brinda?" I said looking back at the picture. "Yeah she was on her way to college ,all A's and she played sports. She was a great person."he said as we walked next to me to look at the picture. "She's beautiful." I said. "Inside and out." Nico said looking at me. "You said was. What happened?" I asked. "She was killed in a bank robbery. She was there to get money from relatives for collage. They wanted to make sure she had all she needed. I was in the car when I happened. She telling me to lay down but tried not to let the robbers notice what she was doing. I didn't understand what she was saying until to late. I was reading her lips through the windows. One of the robbers saw me and she tried to stop him. He pushed her down and aimed. All i heard was ,"BANG!", I got out and ran. The police called our house soon after that." he stopped his story and dropped his head.