Ch.13 The funeral

We were all dressed in black. I hadn't cryed at all. My mom was there with us along with close family and friends. This was a very large group of people. It was gloomy but it wasn't raining. My mom cryed through the whole ceremony. I wanted to hug her but I just couldn't. Johnathan was there also, he was holding my mom. Jackie was there with her kids too. Nick didn't say much to me and I didn't to him. I didn't say much to anyone just answered small questions and I couldn't carry any conversations. My grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins were there too. Friends and co-workers were there too. I wear a plan black dress and let my hair lay on my back and over my shoulders. My cheeks were hot the whole time and I never dropped my glance from the coffin. Lyle looked devestated. He didn't drop a tear but he looked so mad and everyone knew to not talk to him so much. I've never seen him so broken. My baby brother never had been so down. I could hear sobs and cries all through the church. So much saddness in one room was hard for me to handle. My leg kept boucing and my hands were saking. I always did this in the worst situations. I tried hiding my movements. My mom took a hard sob and put her head in her hands. Jackie sat by her rubbing her back, trying to sooth her. The preacher was talking and although his words were important I didn't pay much attention to him. I kept my thoughts on my memories. Every time I thought of somthing that would shake my feelings I winced. Nick was glancing at me from behind me. I could see him in the corner of my eye.

           I looked up at the ceiling at counted to ten to keep myself from snapping at him. My nerves were on edge and I couldn't control my feelings."If anyone has anything to say or distribute to Charlie, come up now." the preacher annouced. My grandmother stood first. She walked over to the coffin and placed a box on it."Charlie was my little soilder." she began without turning around."He protected everyone he could. That was somthing he was always good at. I loved him so much. He and his brothers used to play army games together and they were so cute togeher. He kept everyone in line for me. He sisters hated how protective he was but they loved him most for that. Filled with so much wisdom. My baby grew up and started a family. A beautiful family.All he ever wanted was peace." she turned to us,"And now he has it." she said in a sad smile.

        Tears started streaming down her face. She walked down and went back to her seat. My three aunts came up together and my two uncles followed. Their spouses stayed seated. This was going to be a sibling speech. They had papers and had one lunch pale. "My big brother was one of a kind. He had a heart of gold and he taught us alot about being a great person. Charlie could spot a pure soul from a mile away. My love for him will always shine like the light in his eyes." my aunt Bridgett said first. "Charlie taught me how to do alot. How to swim, surf, shave, get a girl to like me. But I remeber when he told me that not everone will like me or want me but I couldn't give up. I don't come to be perfect because I know who I am. He knew what he was talking about. I don't know where I would be today if it wasn't for him. I love you big bro, always have  and I always will." my uncle Jerry said.

         "Let me tell you about my little brother. He used to annoy the mess out of me. Being the oldest I wanted to protect and lead but I wasn't really made for that. I remember when I walking home from school and everyday these boys would bully me o my way home. I was a scrony little thing while Charlie looked a year older than me. Another thing I disliked. He saw the boys bullying me and he walked over and stopped them for me. I didn't understand why he didn't let me fight my own battle and he told me that those boys weren't worth it and that there wasn't a battle. He told me I had a gental soul and that I wouldn't have won. He saved that by saying that those boys were looking for war not a battle and I didn't have that to offer. I know completely understand. He took a big part in my life and my children learned from him i will pass on what my little brother taught me. "my uncle Tommy said.