ch.27 Epilogue

It was day before the wedding. Everyone was still running around making sure everything was perfect. It was getting dark and the kids were hitting the hay. Emily would be staying with us for a while. It turned out the her father was abusing her and she couldn't hide the scars anymore.

        Lyle pays her a lot of attention and I'm happy to see them together. He didn't go to sleep until she did. Nick went to get put Lucy to sleep.

        It was midnight and Jackie and mom had people over for arrangements.

        "Is it to tight?" the tailor asked. "Well a little bit around the waist." my mom said. Jackie was helping with the cooking and was planning the wedding.

        "Okay, make-up is ready for tomorrow, dresses have been ordered, the church house is suited up, and everything pretty perfect as long as Jonathan doesn't come here and you get your dress ready." she was checking off.

        "Okay!" the tailor cheered. "Wow mom you look beautiful in that dress." I followed behind her as she looked in the mirror. "Thank you sweety." she said still nervous. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah. Just wedding jitters I guess." she smiled. "Do you think I'm making the right choice?" she turned to me.        

        "Yes. Jonathan is a nice guy and you love him. Don't worry to much about this. Just remember when you go down that isle, why you love him." I smiled.

        "I'm so happy I gave birth to such a wonderful daughter. You're so precious darling. That's why I made a decision for you and Lyle." she said. I looked at her for more.

        "We aren't moving to Florida anymore. I'll look for a better business here. You there's lots of places that would look for someone as hard working as me. I might be getting paid so well but I think my experience in this line of work will really help me." she explained. "What? But mom you love your job and you worked so hard and so many years for the company that already has you. You leave that for us." I reasoned.

        "No. Janie you and Lyle have lives here. You two spent a lot of your childhood here. This is your home. I move a lot and that's a life style for me but I know how much you two hate it. Besides I think Lyle feels better staying here with Emily. They should stay together. And you Janie. Your seventeen. Moving right now might not be okay for you. I plan to move into a new house in this neighborhood. It will give me and Jonathan a better chance at making a house for all of us. He already has a job here and I know this will all work out." she replied.

        I was still uneasy about this. She was going to have to start over. "Besides you have some worth staying here for ,right?" she looked past me. I turned to look over my shoulder.

        Nick was talking to a couple of musicians with his mom. They were planing to have him perform with me. He was tuning up his guitar and looking at sheet music.

        "I guess I do." I smiled as I looked at him. "You know that you can't stay away from him. He needs you too. Janie I can't take this away from you." she touched my cheek.

        "Bethany. Go ahead a take off the dress. The ladies are waiting for us at the hotel." Jackie called. "Okay." mom called back.

        "Janie. Can you come play this piano piece? We need to make sure it perfect." one of the musicians asked. I nodded.         

        When I walked over to the living room, Nick was the first one I wanted to see. We made eye contact and I blushed. He smirked and walked over to the piano with me. We practiced until all the ladies left to go to the hotel for my mom's bachelorette party.

        The other musicians left for the night.

        It was just me and Nick. Alone. Together.

        He watched me at I cleaned up a little bit. It was silent. I felt a little embarrassed to have him just stare at me.

        "Come here, Janie." he called. I looked at him and walked toward him. I felt like I was walking more elegantly but I felt like I became more of a perfect figure when I was in his presents.

        When I got to him he looked at me softly. "What is it?" I asked. "I want to tell you how much I love you." he took my hand. I watched him.

        "You are my purpose now. Janie, I hope to make you happy forever. I won't let go of you again. I'm glad I have you in my life. You are everything I would ever need. I love you so much. I regretted my past before but now I don't because with it I wouldn't have you in my future. I will never make you cry again. I will never make you hurt again. I will only understand and make you as happy I can make you. I promise Janie, one day I will marry you and we will live our lives together. I will me yours forever if that's what you want." he stated.

        "I will be yours forever too. I plan to show you that I love you every single day." I responded. He smiled at that. He slowly lifted my hand and put his hand on the lower small of my back. He pulled us close together. He began to move but I froze. He looked at me ,confused.

        "I can't dance." I said ashamed. "Then I'll teach you." he smirked and reached over to pick up the remote and played some music. I'll Be by Edwin McCain played softly in the back ground.

        I rested my head on his shoulder as we danced. He was good at this. He was good at everything.

        "Nick." I whispered. "Hum." he responded. "When we get married. Do think well have children?" I asked. "If that's what you want." he murmured. "What do you think we'll name them." I kissed his neck.

        "If it's a girl......Ava. It was my grandmothers name." he replied. "I like it. What if it's a boy?" I questioned. "Then.....Ryan." he whispered in my ear. I looked back at him. I smiled at him and he knew it was a yes.

        He kissed me and kissed him back. It was love. This came from dusk to love. A true miracle.

        "My angel." he put in forehead to mine. "My savior." I smiled. Nick and I were meant for each other and he was all I needed. All I wanted. He was my life.

-----------------------------------

        A/N

        So hope you guys liked the book. I worked really hard on this and I'm proud of the out come. I would love to see the comments and to see this book grow and become a fan favorite. I feel like this was a great experience for me and I'm wanting to make more books. Feel free to follow and I would follow back. I never truly understood how much work goes into books but now I do. Thank you all for reading and any feed back would be great. Hope you guys liked it!

        Chow Beautifuls.