ch.16 Lyle's Mistake

I had been waiting for at least two hours. Where could Nick be? I read almost every magazine in the waiting room. I paced for what felt like forever until I sat down and shook my leg like crazy. I was so stressed. My phone pinged so I pulled it out of my pocket. It was Casey.

Casey: Hey. You gotta come to my house. I have alto of stuff for us to try on.

Me: Can't. In the hospital.

Casey: What? Are you OK? What happened? Which one are in? I'll come.

Me: I'm fine, calm down. Nico got hurt.

Casey: Who?

Me: Nothing. I am fine I'm just in the waiting room.

Casey: What happened?

  I told her about the incident. I didn't tell her about last night, mainly because I could barely remember it.

Casey: Omg. I can't belive it. Why did you wait so long to tell me. He could've hurt you even worse.

 I thought about telling her of the night Jake tried to..... well I didn't say anything about it.

Me: I'm sorry but I didn't know when you would come back.

Casey: I'm your best friend. You gotta tell me everything. Even if I'm a hundred miles away. Why would Jake do that.

"Good question." I mumbled to myself.

Me: I don't know but that is something I don't want to think about. how are things going with you and Lucus?

Casey: Well things are going OK I guess. He seems to be a bit distant now a days. But we are going to the movies this Saturday. I really love him. He is my happiness.

Me: That's good. I hope you have fun.

Casey: I will. Igtg.

Me:Kk

   I put my phone back in my pocket and sat back in my seat. The doctor came back so i walked toward him. "Is he okay?" I asked. "He is able to come home but he needs his parents to come sign him out." he said. I pulled my hands through my hair. "Uh.." I began. Then Nick came in with two adults. One woman and one man. I knew I looked confused as f*ck and Nick gave me a quick look to tell me to play along.

    The doctor shook their hands and they claimed to be Nico's parents. They answered all the questions he asked and filled out a sheet. They were good. I really wanted to know who were these people and how did Nick find them? "Okay, we will send Nico out right now." the Doctor said before he left. The couple began talking to each other so I took the opportunity to talk to Nick. He still looked tensed but not as upset as he did before. I pulled him over to a more private location. "Nick, who are they." I whispered. "They are actors I hired to get Nico out of here." he said. "Hired? How..." I began. "If you haven't noticed my family is pretty rich." he interrupted. I dropped my gaze and thought about that. I never thought about that. He has a rich family. "Just roll with it. I got this." he smirked. I smiled and walked to the window. He followed behind me."Are you okay?" he asked me. "You were right. This is my fault." I said. He didn't say anything and just dropped his head. "No, it isn't. It was my fault." he mumbled. "What? Nick I..." I said. "No. I just don't want talk any further." he stood up from leaning on the window and walked toward the front counter. He started talking to the nurse but he just wanted to know some information about Nico's medical bills. The nurse spent that whole time flirting and batting her eyes. She would sometimes twist her straight blond hair but Nick didn't look interested. This must be normal for him.

     Nico came out in a wheel chair with a nurse pushing him. She was pretty with hair light blush and freckles. Her brown hair was cute short and she looked like she was in her early twenties. Nick turned and walked toward Nico. The nurse backed off to let Nick take the wheelchair. The actor couple talked to the nurse about what they should and shuoldn't do. They were good at this. Nick talked with Nico about the plan and what he should do next. Nico quickly caught on. "Mom, dad I'm feeling tired can we go home?" he turned. "Of course sweaty. Thank you nurse Findlin." the woman said. She nodded and glanced at Nick and then me. I saw some disappointment in her eyes before she turned and left the room. The woman came and grabbed the handle bars on the wheelchair and we all walked out of the hospital silently. When we got to Nick's truck Nico tried to get up but winced when his side ached.