"Don't Do It Ev"

(so if ya haven't noticed, I've been procrastinating on this. Mostly because I had to change up some of the script so it fits in with the Kleinsen thingy. I gave up on that so NOW, in this chapter.....)

(We're gonna change some shit up---)

At Evan's house, he sat on his bed, door closed and laptop on his lap. He was getting a call from Alana.

"Evan!" She exclaimed. "Hey, it's Alana. How are you?"

The boy was clearly uncomfortable. "I erm.." A phone icon appeared on the corner of the laptop screen and next to it was a picture of Jared. "I have to go."

Evan quickly ended the call and answered to the other one. He was immediately met with a glaring Jared.

"Don't do it Ev." He stated simply.

"What?" The boy looked at him confused. "Do what?"

"I heard about the extra 'emails' that you typed up."

Evan's face turned red. I didn't think he'd find out. "Who told you..?"

"Zoe fucking Murphy. Maybe you should've done a bit of research on Connor before making me help you with the letters." Jared's voice became a bit louder.

He thought he should've seen this coming. Of course there was a huge chance he would mess up on something. "What.. what do you mean?"

He pushed up his glasses, his patience growing thin. "Connor was gay, Evan."

Evan's soft eyes grew wide as he gulped. "O-Oh.."

"Tell his parents the truth or you'll regret it eventually." He warned. In all honesty, Jared was worried about him. He didn't want to see Evan panick just for some stupid fake letters. Worry about the responsibilities that just aren't his.

"I.. I will." The tall boy looked at his khakis. "But.. could you come with me?" He glanced up to the screen.

"Fine, Acorn. We're doing it tomorrow though. After school." Jared didn't give the boy time to respond. He hung up.

Suddenly, Heidy opened the door to her son's bedroom.

Evan quickly closed his laptop. "Mom.. You can knock on the door."

"So.. I heard that Connor Murphy died.." The woman sat on the bed. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I.." The boy shook his head. "No.. I didn't even know him so.. I'm fine."

"Okay then." She stood up again. "So I left money on the counter for-"

"But.." Evan cut her off. "Yesterday you said.. we were going to have a Taco Tuesday."

Heidy facepalmed, only now remembering. "Oh, honey! I am so sorry! Look," she took out her phone and began to dial a number. "I'll call right now so i don't ha-"

"Mom.. No it's fine." He was used to this. He was used to getting plans with his mom cancelled.. Every time..

"You can look at those college application contests yourself. That way you have more time and you could email, text or call me.. How about that?"

He sighed. "Yeah, sure, sounds good."

"Again I'm really sorry." She hugged the boy and kissed his forehead. "Don't go to bed late and be sure to eat. Love you!"

"Love you too!" He smiled. He soon heard the front door open and shut close. He heard as a car approached. The car that always drove her to work because she couldn't afford a car.

Evan stared at the wall across from him. Tears streamed down his cheeks. Why? He asked himself. His life was a mess and he knew it. All he wanted was a family that loved him. A mother that could spend some time with him and not think that he was sick.

He sobbed silently. Hoping and wishing that he could just die right then and there.