It's All Arranged

There was a silence between them for a while. Not awkward but also not completely comfortable.

Jared slowly began to lean into Evan. His lips being his only goal.

Evan felt a similar rush. He leaned down at the same paste until..

"Ahem," Evan stepped back. "Anyways.."

Feeling super awkward, Jared did the same. "Uh.. You look amazing! I think we should just buy this one!"

Evan nodded, a bright pink still dancing on his face. "Yeah."

"Great, take it off and then I'll pay for it." He began to open the dressing room door when Evan stopped him.

"What, no!" He exclaimed. Evan knew he'd feel bad if Jared payed the expensive clothes. "We can just.. Split it up. You pay half and I pay half." Evan also knew he wouldn't be able to pay for the total cost himself either.

Jared nodded with a smile. "Sure." And with that, he left the fitting room.

Evan quickly took off the clothes and placed on his more soft and comfortable blue polo and pale khakis.

He walked out with the suit hanging from his arm.

Evan and the other male walked over to the right corner of the store where a man stood behind a register that resembled more a white tablet.

Evan placed the suit on the black slick table, letting the man scan it and press a couple buttons on the tablet. Afterwards, he placed the suit in a black bag and handed it over Evan.

"Hundred ninety seven," announced the man in a monotone voice.

After a while of figuring out a couple of calculations, Jared payed his half with a credit card leaving Evan to pay with cash.

Soon, they were out of the store and making their way to the most popular ice cream shop around the area. A La Mode.

The place was in a quiet and calm area, surrounding by fields of green and tall trees. It was Evan's favorite place to go.

Once they had arrived, they began to order. Evan a milkshake and Jared a fireworks ice cream.

They took their cold sweets and went back inside Jared's truck. There was a silence between them as they started to lick and sip. (Mind out of the citrus)

Jared tried making small talk by asking him what kind of job he was going to get. Being Jared, he immediately regretted asking him. Jared knew the kind of state he and his mother were in when it came to money.

Evan was hesitant to answer. He didn't really have anything in mind and never really thunk about a job either. "Maybe a nurse. My mom's taught me a bunch about that kind of stuff. You?"

Excited, Jared sat straighter. "I'm glad you asked! I'm aiming to being a software engineer. One of those nerds who are always with a computer!"

"Really?" Chuckled Evan. He shook his head slightly. "You could barely do your algebra homework, Jare."

"That's different!" He argued. "Computer stuff doesn't require such math. Besides, it was the start of a new unit and your class had already finished it."

Evan chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

After a while of chatting, they threw out their garbage and began to drive back home.

Jared stopped at the front door of Evan's house. "Well," he announced. "We're here!"

The male unbuckled his seatbelt and looked at Jared. "Bye," he said with a smile. He took his suit and stepped out of the old truck and into his house.