🌿

"You're awfully late." A light flickered on to reveal a short lean figure.

Jared stopped in his tracks and mentally cursed at himself. "Hi mom," he said nervously as he turned around slowly.

"Mr.Kleinmen, where have you been all day?" She demanded sternly. The woman had a raised eyebrow and a concentrated stare.

"Out." He spoke although it sounded more like a question.

She sighed and looked down. Her hands were up to her face, gently rubbing her cheeks. "I knew it," her voice sounded concerned and almost at the verge of tears."You're doing drugs!"

Jared was surprised but he laughed at his mom's outburst. "Drugs? Are you- Oh my goodness mother, me? Come on!" He approached his mother and hugged her. "Don't you trust me?"

The woman nodded and hugged her son. "I do," she whispered. "I do, I just.. I was worried. You're not as home as much as used to be and you're always so happy." She backed up and looked at the male. "And.. I know you're an official adult now but.. I guess I can't help but be worried about you."

"Mom," he smiled with a small sigh. "Don't worry about me. I'm not stupid, I know that drugs will destroy me." Jared clapped his hands together in order to reset the mood. "Besides, I'm almost heading to college so I'll be good!"

"Right," she nodded. "You're right. You're a big boy!" The lady planted a small kiss on his forehead. "Go to bed, Jare."

Her son nodded. "Yeah.. Goodnight!" But she had already closed the door to her room.

Jared quietly entered his room and layed on his bed with a wide smile. He took off his glasses and place them on the small table near his bed. He closed his eyes and let himself reflect on the amazing day.

Once he realized his mind was busy admiring Evan, he shook his head and chuckled softly. "Oh Evan Hansen.. You break me apart." And just like that, the boy drifted off into a deep slumber.

🌿

Evan was woken up by continuous knocking. He cracked his eyes open. He waited for a while, hoping that the person would just leave but they didn't.

Groaning, he finally stood up and looked around. He quickly noticed that the noise was coming from the other side of his window.

He moved his old brown curtains aside to reveal Jared. He opened the window with a confused expression.

"What are you doing?" Asked Evan in an almost bored tone.

"Trying to get my way in," Jared looked at him as if it were obvious.

Evan rolled his eyes jokingly. His cheeks were stained as his lips curved up. "I have a front door so you can get in, you know."

The other shrugged, a bit embarrassed now. "I mean yeah, but I wanted it to be romantic or something.."

Evan looked at the ground and closed his eyes, trying to hide his blush. "Use the front door."

"Fine," Dragged Jared before Evan closed the window.

The boy walked out of his room and headed to his front door. He waited for a light knock before opening it and letting Jared inside.

Once the door was closed, Evan turned to face him. "And you're here why exactly?"

Jared shrugged. "Gotta make the most of the summer. I am leaving in September after all."

There was a small moment of silence between them before Evan nodded his head. "Yeah," he said softly. "Yeah, you're right!"

"Of course I am!" Jared puffed out his chest with a laugh. "Anyways, Alana invited me to her cousin's sweet sixteen and said I could bring someone with me soo.."

"Soo?" Evan raised an eyebrow.

"Do you wanna come?"

"Oh, yeah sure, but I don't have any nice clothes." Evan looked down at the floor embarrassingly.

"That's no problem, we could just go to the mall and buy something there. Plus, it's not like it's for today."

Evan sighed. "Right. Yeah. I'll get dressed and we'll go..?"

"Yup! I'll go get the car because I came here walking." He placed his hand on the door knob. "I'll beep you when I'm here!"

"Alright!"

And like that, Jared left the house and Evan jogged over to his room to change.

~~~

I'm so slowwwww :'0

Hope to enjoyed this rushed chapter ksksksk

Anyways, my name is Eli, and I appreciate your existence. Bye! <3