Sweet Sixteen

The song has absolutely nothing to do with the chapter, I just wanted more people to see it sksks-

Evan looked at himself in the mirror. "You look fine," he said to himself. "You'll be perfectly fi-," he was cut off by a loud horn.

He ran downstairs and wiped his sweaty hands on his pants before opening the door and then locking it.

He walked over to the rusty truck that stood outside his house. As he got in, he glanced at Jared.

Jared wore an obnoxious bright purple suit. He had taken off his glasses and most likely put on his contacts. But what really caught Evan's eyes was the wide genuine smile that he had on.

"You look pretty happy," muttered Evan. He buckled up and faced Jared who was already beginning to drive.

"Well," trailed the male, his eyes focused on the road. "There's two dancers who got sick and they were in need of quick replacement so I told Alana that we could replace them."

Evan was hesitant to answer. "What? I'm not dancing in front people, Jare!"

"Come on," he said, glancing at Evan. "It's just for one dance, they'll probably switch us out anyways because we suck that much."

Evan looked out the window with a terrified expression. Throughout the ride, he could only imagine all the things that could go wrong.

"We're here!" Announced Jared, cutting off the other's thoughts.

The boys stepped inside the building, loud music played and there were different colored lights that hurt Evan's head.

Evan stayed behind Jared most of the time. He didn't know any of the people who had come, the only person he recognized was Alana.

"No, no, no!" Yelled the girl as her eyes landed on Evan and Jared. "What are you wearing?" She shook her head, obviously panicked. "I cannot let you dance with those ridiculous clothes."

She looked around the room until she spotted a guy with a normal suite and mexican features. "You!" She practically sprinted over to him. "You're going to dance!"

Jared chuckled at the sight. "I guess you don't have to worry about anything, Acorn."

"Right," Nodded Evan. "Yeah."

They headed over to an empty table and sat down. It took them a while to process the wild decorations and choice of colors.

"This is ridiculous," said Jared as he shook his head. Now, Jared obviously didn't have the best taste but even he knew that the tablecloth looked like a five year old made it.

A few hours later, the room was full. The males had already begun to eat and make small talk. Alana was nowhere in sight and the music was making people deaf.

"Jared, Evan!" They heard as two female figures approached them. As they got closer, they realized it was their moms.

Jared was the first to greet them. "Hey, what took you so long?" He asked.

"I was just to helping Heidi dress up. You never know, she might find herself a man here," Jared's mother gave the other woman a wink.

Evan's eyebrows shot up but didn't question any of them. Instead he slowly stood up. "Do you want any drinks?" He asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Oh," gasped Heidi, a little surprised that Evan had spoken. "Sure, I'll take a Coke. You want anything?" She turned to Jared's mother with a smile.

"I'll take a Ginger," she said.

Evan began to walk towards a table with drinks when suddenly Jared appeared next to him.