This Felt Amazing

Evan was leaning on his front door, letting the trinkets of rain fall down onto his face. The feeling of cold water refreshed him and kept him from heating up in a tuxedo he was wearing. After a while of just standing, he took a few steps forward and turned around to face the small house he rented a year ago.

The place was manageable and cheap while still having a pleasurable view. He had considered adopting a pet but soon dismissed the idea because the thought of simply taking care of another living being made him anxious.

The male jumped as soon as he heard a car horn behind him. He quickly turned around to find a red truck that seem to be recently cleaned.

Evan smiled as he approached the car and spotted Jared in the driver's seat. The other wore a similar to tuxedo, but, unlike Evan, he had chosen a tie to go along with his suit. His hair was combed back neatly, only a few strands sticking out. A nervous smile was painted onto Jared's lips and shyness overcame him.

As soon as Evan heard the click coming from the truck, he opened the door and hopped onto the passenger seat. He greeted Jared with a grin before giving him a peck on the lips.

"So, where are you taking me?" Spoke Evan, breaking the silence between the two.

Jared smiled mischievously, keeping his eyes on the road. "It's a surprise," he said simply.

Evan scrunched up his nose as he faced Jared. "I swear if we have to babysit your neighbor's dog again-"

Jared chuckled, interrupting the other. He remembered the day one of their dates was discontinued due to his neighbor asking him to take care of their dog. Evan had panicked so much because the dog kept barking at him for no reason.

"It's going to kill me!" He had explained. Jared just laughed. A small chihuahua can never do anything to Evan, much less kill him.

Evan glared at him, a small smile on his lips. "It wasn't funny," he insisted.

"Fine, fine," complied the other. "I'm sorry."

After a few minutes they arrived to one of the most expensive restaurants in town.

Evan gasped as he saw the place. "Jared!" He muttered. "The food here costs way too much money!"

"Yeah, I know," smiled the male. "I just wanted to treat you with something special."

The taller man looked at him worriedly. Jared wasn't the kind of person to voluntarily wear fancy clothes and pay an excessive amount of money for food. Evan shook his head. Maybe he really did want to treat you to a fancy dinner.

As soon as they entered, they were immediately hit with a strong aroma of fresh food. Calm classical music played in the background. Elegant men and women spoke quietly, the metal utensils hitting the plates being the loudest sounds.

The couple stood there awkwardly until a waitress approached them and led them to an unoccupied table decorated with the petite gold and candle in the middle.

The waitress handed them both a menu that had a variety of foods. Seafood, vegetarian food, Chinese food, Mexican food, and so much more!

After a mental argument with himself, Evan ordered one of the more cheaper meals leaving Jared ordering food with a fancy French name of some sort.

The waitress nodded as she wrote it down on a small notepad. "I'll try to get it out as soon as possible for you gentlemen." The lady smiled politely as she walked away.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Whispered Evan. I mean, this is so over-the-top, even for you!"

Jared gave him a playful offended look. "Why are you so worried, Ev?" He reached out for the others hand. "Listen, I was tired of cheap and cliche dates. Just wanted to change it up a little."

Evan sighed. "All right, sorry. I'm just a bit confused." He lifted his head and gave the other male an apologetic smile.

The night went on. The couple talked about usual things such as the weather, their family, friends, and hopes for the future.

But, Evan tensed up when Jared mentioned the idea of moving together. It wasn't like he didn't like the idea oh, he loved it actually. It was just, he had never lived with anyone else other than his mother and himself.

Jared noticed this and decided to move on from the subject. For a second, he nodded he looked at the waitress who served them and gave her a small nod.

Soon, their waitress came back with a bucket of ice and a bottle of red wine in it.

The short boy took their glasses and began to pour the liquid.

He raised his glass. "To what?"

Evan hesitated. "To us."

Jared smiled. "To us."

The glasses made a clink noise as they came in contact with eachother. They drank the wine happily.

"Actually Ev," mumbled Jared. "There's something I've been wanting to say."

Evan looked at him curiously. "Oh. What's that? Everything okay?"

Jared sighed, feeling more nervous than ever. He stood up and walked in front of Evan. He reached over to his pocket and let one leg sit on the ground, the other holding him up.

He opened the black box he had pulled out to reveal a silver ring with a diamond in it. "Evan Hansen, may I have the honour of making you my husband?"

Evan gasped, his hands covering his mouth. His face was flushed and he was absolutely speechless. "Jared, I.." He let out a giggle and nodded. "Yes, yes!"

Jared's gave him a toothy grin. He took the ring from the box and placed it on the man's ring finger.

The people around them clapped happily. Some gave them a "congratulations" or "you're meant to be."

Evan bit his bottom lip and leaned in to give Jared a kiss. Except this was different. This kiss felt as if it were their first. This felt amazing.

~~~
Hey, hey, hey!
It's me, back at it with another chapter.
(It's currently 1:48am, so I have great dedication to this book uwu)

Hope you're all having a great day/night and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I cannot thank you all enough for all your support and praise for this book. I honestly never thought it would get so many reads so thank you so hecking much!!

Anyways my name is Eli and I appreciate your existence! <3