Graduation

Quick author's note: this takes place months after the last chapter. So it's a BIG time skip

"..Evan Hansen," Announced the principal.

Evan walked up the stage, he felt confused stares from people. No one knew him except Jared and Ms.Kleinmen, he would've had some kind of cheering from his mom but she wasn't there yet, so there wasn't any . The quietness made him feel awkward. One of his teachers gave him a certificate and shook his hand. He did this with most of the other teachers before walking down again and joining the rest of the people who were sitting down.

Once it was over, everyone headed outside. A few parents walked over to their sons and daughters and hugged them.

Once again, Evan felt out of place. The boy walked outside and waited outside the front doors, hoping to see his mother. But unfortunately, she had not arrived yet.

"Evan!" He heard a feminine voice behind him. He turned around to see Ms. Kleinmen who was dragging Jared. "Would you mind a picture with Jare?"

The male chuckled but nodded. "Yeah okay."

Meanwhile, Jared groaned as if he were annoyed but it was quite obvious he wasn't. The  male wrapped his arms around the other's waist and smiled towards his mom who had her phone out.

Evan smiled and let his body lean a bit more into Jared. They weren't officially dating but they did act like a couple.

Ms. Kleinmen took a pictures at different angles. Jared kept making weird and odd faces.

Soon, Ms. Hansen arrived with panic. "Evan, I'm so sorry! The bus was late and it got lost-"

Her son cut her off with a hug. "It's okay mom," smiled Evan. He held back tears that were pricking the corner of his eyes.

Surprised, Heidi hugged back with a grin. She pulled back to inspect her son. "Oh look at you! All grown up. I'm so proud of you!"  The woman splattered Evan's face with small pecks. Her eyes seemed watery but her smile showed how happy she was.

After an hour of pictures and crying, Ms. Kleinmen invited everyone to eat at a near buffet. Usually, Heidi would be opposed to these kind of offers but, she felt like it was a good moment to go out.

Ms. Kleinmen gave Evan and his mother a ride and soon they arrived at the place.

Once they had gotten settled into a table, they females began to talk about some of the latest work gossip.

Per usual, Evan eavesdropped into the conversation, chuckling here and there.

Meanwhile, Jared found the talking boring. He took a napkin and ripped off a small piece. He placed it on the table and flicked it over to the other male.

Evan raised an eyebrow in confusion but soon joined in. He leaned down a little and flicked the scrap back to Jared.

This went on for a few minutes before they were able to finally get their food.

~Time Skip brought to you by Cheerios. A heart healthy breakfast :D~

It was currently 8:49 at night. Outside, the sun seemed to just have set. It wasn't fully dark yet.

Jared shook his head as looked out the window of his bedroom. Summer.

He looked around his room with a sigh. He was.. Nervous. He didn't know what he was supposed to do now. He was an official part of society now!

At this point, he thought he'd be going to college but decided not to because of Evan.

Evan didn't get a scholarship and he and his mom didn't have enough money to pay for it. Jared and Ms. Kleinmen had tried helping but it wasn't enough.

Together they decided to save up money and go to college next year. Jared of course planned to stay with the other.

No, his eighth grade crush on him hadn't worn out. Ever since Evan's outing to Jared, he had honestly lost hope of who the person could be.

After half an hour of boredom and depressing thoughts, he picked up his phone and pressed on the contact, "🌳Ev"

"Hey Jared!" Exclaimed the voice from the other side with enthusiasm.

"Hi Evan," said the other softly. "Wanna come over and hang out?"

There was a sudden pause and muffled voices. "Yeah, for sure! I'll be there in a couple minutes. I'm bringing over some guacamole my mom made to so get the chips and Netflix ready!'

Jared chuckled at the boy's enthusiasm. "Will do, Acorn."

And like that, Jared went into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips. He ran into his room and turned on Netflix. He sighed dreamingly as he waited for the tall boy to arrive.

~~~~

I know what you're gonna say:
"ELIAS YOU PIECE OF TRASH. YOU LEFT US ALMOST A WHOLE MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. *SPITS* I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU"

I know hoes :')
I  k n o w

So yeah-