Brothers

Kuan looked at the little girl in front of him with amusement in his eyes.

The little girl stood in front of him with arms crossed on her chest. She was frowning and pouting as if ready to take him down anytime.

"Are you okay?" he asked Dylan and Yue's daughter. "Do you want milk?"

The little girl shook her head.

"No."

"Are you mad at me?" he patted the little girl's head and showed her his brightest smile.

"Why are you howding my brother?!" her eyes squinted. Focusing her eyes on her baby brother on Kuan's lap.

"Oh.. Sorry. Am i not allowed to hold him?" he giggled at the little girl's silliness.

"Yes! Only me, my mama and papa can hold him. And grama and grapa.." she pouted thinking for other names. "and oh teddy can hold him too." she showed her cute teddy bear.

Kuan laughed at the girl's remark. There's no doubt that the little girl is Dylan's child. She's as possesive as her father.

"Hey. What's happening here?" Dylan together with Yue got out of the kitchen with foods in there hands. They excused themselves a while ago to prepare snacks for their visitor.

"Paaa!" the little girl ran towards Dylan and hugged his leg.

"Yes love. Wait.. I'll put this one first."

He put the bowl of salad on the table before he carried his daughter.

"Why are you frowning? Are you mad?" Dylan gave his daughter a kiss on her chubby cheek.

The little girl nodded. "Look.. uncle Kwan is carrying my baby bwother!" she pointed at Kuan while giving him death glares.

"It's okay love. Uncle Kuan is mama and papa's friend. He likes you and your brother so much. He even brought you gifts. See this?" She showed her  cute stuffed animals.

"Yes. And i like you and your brother so much. I treat both of you as my own kids." Kuan stared and smiled at Yue to thank her for defending him.

Yue answered Kuan with a reassuring smile.

Dylan frowned as his eyes went to Yue and then to Kuan. His blood boiled with the thought that his wife was exchanging smiles with someone other than him and his kids.

"Hey hey why are you staring at each other huh?" Dylan went over to Yue and hid her at his back. Showing Kuan his ready to fight stance.

Kuan smirked. Here we go again! No wonder where his daughter got her guts and possesiveness. She's Dylan's duplicate. Kuan thought.

Yue just rolled her eyes and punch her husband. What a jealous and possesive jerk!

"Stop over reacting!" she shouted at him.

"But you are staring at each other like two in love people!"

"You idiot! Aren't you ashamed of what your mouth is blabbering?" she snapped and got their daughter from Dylan's hold. "Don't listen to your papa!" she whispered to their daughter.

Their daughter just stared at her parents with confused look.

"Kuan.. thank you for visiting. I'll leave you with Dylan here. I need to tuck the kids in bed. It's afternoon nap time for them." She went over to Kuan and got her son from him and started walking up the stairs. Still annoyed at Dylan's unreasonable jealousy.

"Hey love! No one is allowed to stare at you other than me! Hey love! Yue! come back here!" Dylan shouted at his wife as he immediately followed her.

"Shut up!"

"Okay fine. I'm sorry love"

"Shut up!"

Dylan stopped mid way and turned his back at Kuan. "Hey! Wait for me there! I'll get back to you soon! I'll just tuck Yue and the kids in bed." he said before he continued his way up.

A loud bang can be heard from where Kuan was sitting followed by Dylan's voice.

"Love! open the door!"

Kuan just shook his head and smiled. How he miss his friends. For the first time, their bickering sounded like music to his ears.

/////