Clingy Papa

Dylan was lying on his bed inside the hotel he was  staying. It was one of those days where he needed to be away from his family because of his work.

He was busy dialling his wife's number. It was already his 10th attempt but she was not answering and it worried him so much.

"Yue, pick up your phone.." he whispered but the line went off again. "My love what's wrong?" he was getting frustrated.

He was about to dial his mom's number to ask her about Yue and the kids when his phone vibrated.

"Thank God!" he immediately answered his phone when he saw 'Love' on his screen.

"Hello my love?" Yue greeted on the other line.

He sighed. He missed her and the kids so much. And her not answering his calls made him worried as hell. It made him slightly mad at her.

"Love! Why you did not pick up my call? I was damn worried." frustration was evident on his voice.

"Sorry love. I forgot my phone in the kids' playroom. I already tucked the kids to sleep."

He sighed again. "Love, you made me worried. I was about to dial mom's number to check on you and the kids at home."

"Awwe. Sorry love! It won't happen again.. I promised!" her voice was sweet and sincere.

"Yes please." he pleaded. "Bring your phone with you all the time."

"Promise my love."

"So how are you and the kids?" he asked. He missed them so much. "I miss you so much. I want to go home and be with you."

Yue couldn't help but giggle at Dylan's words. He's still 18 hrs away at home but he acts like he's been away for years.

"Hey! Why are you laughing huh?" he snapped.

Yue giggled more before she took a deep breath and stopped herself from giggling. "Love! It has been 18 hrs since you left our house. Why are you acting like you've been away since forever?" she giggled again.

Dylan rolled his eyes. "Are you mocking me my love?"

"No. no love." she bit her lower lip to control herself from laughing and composed herself. She hugged the kids who were soundly sleeping on their bed. "Actually, I miss you too love."

For the nth time Dylan sighed. "I miss you more Yue. I miss cuddling with you. I miss your scent. I miss your lips. I miss the way you massage me. I miss everything about you."

Yue smiled after hearing what her husband said. "Go home immediately after your scheduled flights love."

"I will love. So how are the kids?" he asked.

"They were.." Yue was cut off when Yuzhou, their daughter, moved. She yawned and slowly opened her eyes. "..love wait. Yuzhou had woken up." Yue told Dylan.

"Mamaa, where's papa?" Dylan smiled when he heard his daughter talked from the other line.

"He's at work love. Papa needs to fly the airplane so that people can go back home to their family. Right?" Yue explained.

"Papa should fwy the airpwane back to us." the little girl cried.

"Yes he will! Two days from now papa will be back already. Okay?" Yue hugged their daughter.

Yuzhou nodded and yawned.

"You should sleep again my love you're still sleepy."

"Papa pweeaase."

Yue smiled and kissed their daughter before she stood up and played a video of Dylan on their television.

Yuzhou, the ultimate papa's girl, watched her papa's video and smiled before she drifted back to sleep again.

Yue tucked her to sleep before she talked to Dylan. "Hello love? Are you still there?"

"Yes love." Dylan sighed. "I miss you so much. See you in two days."

"See you in two days love."

"I have to hang up now love. I'll call you again later. Please bring your phone with you all the time." he reminded.

"Yes love. I love you. Take care of yourself."

"I love you more. Take care of yourself and the kids."

After exchanging thousands of sweet nothings the couple finally hung-up the call.

"Bye love."

///////

Dylan immediately took his phone and turned it on after his last flight of the day. He smiled widely when he saw Yue's post.

 He smiled widely when he saw Yue's post

"I miss you too my loves." he whispered and dialled his wife's number to check on them again.