Go back where?

“Hey, hey have you heard? the Yiling Patriach Wei WuXian is dead”

“Really?!”

“Yeah! apparently the four major sect unite to take him down, in the end his own army of  corpse killed him!”

“Ha! serves him right!, following such a dark path! it would only bite him back!”

.

.

.

Lan Wangji slowly opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a greyish orbs with purple hue. blinking he finally realized that it was Wei WuXian and his face is very close.. too close he can feel him breathing. Lan Wangji took a sharp intake of air and the two pair of eyes widen, Lan Wangji leaned back and Wei WuXian almost knocked the items on the table as he scrambled back.

“Haha! its not what you think Lan Zhan! “ he smiled and had his hand behind his back hiding a brush he sat back down and grinned “I was only checking if you are truly asleep” Wei WuXian slowly sneaked his hand under the table and dropped the brush, he was really telling the half truth. When he arrived at the library pavillion he Lan Wangji sitting up tight with a brush on his hand one would think he was concentrated on writing however as Wei Wuxian approached he noticed that Lan Wangji was actually asleep, his brush pressed into the paper carelessly the ink is smudging, his head hung low so he went to check on him and decided to pull a little prank but Lan Wangji woke up before he could accomplish it.

Lan Wangji's ears is burning and his heart beating in a rapid pace he didn't know what to do earlier and was even tempted to close the distance between them. he slowly placed a hand on his chest trying to calm himself he looked up at Wei WuXian “Why are you here?” he asked, good thing that his face didnt show what he was actually feeling right now, but he was indeed wondering why Wei WuXian is in the library pavillion when his punishment for copying the 3000 rules is already accomplished.

“Ah, that.. well ZeWu Jun asked me to call you since lunch is starting” Wei WuXian shrugged his shoulder arranging the papers and books that he knocked earlier.

“Brother did? “ Lan Wangji asked and could not help but to internally sweat, is his brother playing a match maker now? normally Lan XiChen would go and fetch him or other Lan disciple. He didnt know if he should be happy or embarrassed but what is done is done, cant dwell too much about it anymore.

“Though I kinda volunteered, he asked if someone can go and inform you i volunteered” Wei WuXian smiled as he saw Lan Wangji slowly stood up smoothen the crisps on his robe he started walking towards the door and Wei WuXian jumped on his feet following him with his hands behind his back. They started walking towards the dining hall and Wei WuXian indulged himself in a small talk with Lan Wangji “Why do you always stay in the Library Pavillion Lan Zhan? i barely see you go out” he hummed and continued “It is nice going out sometimes and have fun you know, if you visit Lotus Pier i will show you a lot of fun things to do! you have to come out from time to time! bask in the sun and most importantly smile more! you will definitely look more handsome than you already are!” Wei WuXian was walking backwards facing Lan Wangji as he talked, a smile gracing his beautiful face.

“I will visit” Lan Wangji suddenly interrupted.