Seclusion

-Cloud Recesses 

- 3 months ago

Lan Wangji tied his forehead ribbon with utmost care, delicate fingers tightened the knot and smoothened the hair framing his face as he stood in his room, the Jingshi. Its been three years since he last stepped into this place after spending his days in seclusion to recuperate caused by the discipline whip. thirty three lashes for thirty three elders he caused harm three years ago.

Three Years ago.

That word left a bitter feeling on his chest, he didnt hear any news about Wei WuXian or what happened to him, his mind could not help but wonder if he was safe, what happened to the battle? did they found him? he had so much questions but for now he would have to take things slowly. it was clear they are hiding something from him, Lan XiChen had been avoiding his questions about Wei WuXian,when he was on his way to the Jingshi the other Lan disciples didnt talk to him either, when he tried to approach them they would bow and excuse themselves, he knew something is really up.

After fixing his clothes and making sure he looked presentable he grabbed Bichen, caressing the scabbard he relished the familiar feeling of holding into it. once he was prepared he walked out of Jingshi and headed to the dining hall where the other Lan disciples and elders are. Majority of the people who didnt know that Lan Wangji was already out of his seclusion was shocked to see him everyone knew what happened to Lan Wangji and because of this they are wary of their words especially towards the reason of his punishment.  Lan Wangji didnt mind them and carefully walked towards his designated seat beside Lan XiChen.

“Wangji, how are you feeling?” Lan XiChen smiled at his younger brother observing him.

“Fine” is the only response he gave and glanced at the people around him, the elders along with Lan Qiren had been discussing something in a hushed tone which made Lan Wangji frown. the dishes was served and they started eating.

Lan Qiren then looked at Lan Xichen carefully setting his chopsticks down. “XiChen, how was the conference this time?”,

“Oh, everything is all settled, Sect Leader Jiang is already taking care of the surviving people, while Jin GuangYao had some people survey over the burial mounds” Lan XiChen carefully chose his words.

“Good, are you leaving today? “ Lan Qiren enquire further.

“No, but tomorrow i will, we need to discuss what we should do with.. those items” he murmured and Lan Qiren nodded the conversation should have stopped there however one elder voiced his opinion.

“Hm.. you better throw those items of his, that Yiling Patriarch would probably use those forbidden tools to summon himself back even after death he w--”