Lan Sizhui

Lan Wangji placed Wen Yuan on the bed, he rented a small room for them to stay. he cant take him back to Gusu like this his fever should be treated first. placing his Zither and Bichen on the table he grabbed a basin with warm water and a cloth. Lan Wangji sat on the side of the bed slowly rolling his sleeves he started to wipe Wen Yuan’s face to rid of the dirt, the poor child must have suffered a lot. The soul he was able to communicate earlier happened to be Wen Yuan’s grandmother who died during the purge of the Wen clan, desperate to save her grandchild she hid him to safety. 

After cleaning Wen Yuan and changing him in fresh clothes Lan Wangji took a small pouch and looked through it, taking out some small pills and herbs, he paused when he heard a knock on the door and went to it. 

“The porridge that you asked for” the woman carried a tray with porridge and water, Lan Wangji requested for it earlier. Taking the tray with a small nod and ‘mm’ the woman excused herself and left, Lan Wangji closed the door and went back to the bed he grinded the pills and mixed it in the porridge as well as some of the herbs. His movement stopped when he felt a grip on his sleeves and saw Wen Yuan’s unfocused eyes looking around. 

“Its okay” He murmured and pushed back his hair feeling his forehead he frowned a bit as he kept stroking it. 

“.. X..Xian-ge?” 

Lan Wangji’s hand paused and he looked at Wen Yuan, his other hand clenched tightly and he sighed. “Hungry?” he slowly helped the child up, carrying him he propped him into his lap and blew into the spoon before feeding Wen Yuan who eagerly ate it. “Slow down” Lan Wangji murmured and Wen Yuan looked at him. 

“eat slowly” Lan Wangji fed him again, this process continued until the bowl was half empty, He made sure that the child ate well, he was concerned that Wen Yuan would not like the taste mixed with medicine but the child didnt even complained and just ate once they are done Lan Wangji helped him to drink and set him back down to bed tucking him carefully. 

“Sleep” He placed a wet cloth on his small forehead “if you feel pain just say” he added and held his small wrist, feeling his pulse Lan Wangji sighed in relief, its returning back to normal, the child only need rest and food to recover properly. Wen Yuan looked at him and slowly closed his eyes, falling asleep.

Lan Wangji stood up and went to sit on one of the couch he unwrapped his zither and placed it on his lap. slender fingers caressed the strings carefully as he started to play Inquiry, the wind from the open window blew the curtains and his music was carried outside, his longing and hope was heard by the people passing by and his melody drifted in the night sky seeking for someone he desperately want and yet no matter how many times he called his name…there is still no answer. 

“Wei Ying.. “

Lan Wangji walked in the town of Gusu on his way back to Cloud Recesses, his Zither hung behind him protected by a white linen cloth, Bichen sheathed beside him and on his other side a small child following his footsteps holding unto his robes. He spent three days taking care of Wen Yuan until the child was able to return to his good health, he didnt speak much nor asked anything and just silently followed Lan Wangji. Lan Wangji asked him some few questions but the child could not respond accurately, it seems the experience and shock made him forget some events on his past. Lan Wangji paused when he felt a small tug on his robes and looked at Wen Yuan who pointed on a stall.