The Truth and Lies

Note:
Thank you for HibikiSilver14 for doing a beta ^^
First of all i apologize for the very very late update, i had been very busy the past few weeks because of work and upcoming conventions. Im very happy from all the feedback I received. Bless you all now do enjoy reading!

--—------------------------------------------------------

Lan Qiren's voice echoed in the room, his solemn but firm words are carefully recited as he stood in the middle of the room. This was the last day of his teaching as the disciples would be returning back to their sects in three days. During the last two days Wei WuXian didn’t bother Lan Wangji. It made the latter feel a bit worried about his sudden confession to the other boy. He could not help but think that he scared Wei WuXian. Did he made the right decision to confess? Or should he have waited? Clenching his fist under his desk he glanced at Wei WuXian beside him who looked lost and he was clearly not paying attention to Lan Qiren. His chin was resting on his propped hand leaning on the table, while his other hand was twirling his brush absentmindedly clearly showing he was in deep thought. Lan Wangji continued to openly stare at him until Wei WuXian felt the intensity of it and glanced in his direction.

They stared at each other for a long time. Lan Wangji’s face was same as usual, flawless and handsome but still stuck on his usual facial paralysis, meanwhile Wei WuXian looked more confused and biting his lower lip, he smiled at bit to him but his cheeks flushed a faint red and Lan Wangji’s keen eyes saw this and could not help but twitch his lips into a very faint smile. The two was lost on their own words conversing through their eyes, at least that’s until..

“Ahem!”

They both flinched, more so Wei WuXian who almost jumped out of his seat while Lan Wangji only straightened his back and looked up at Lan Qiren who was standing in front of them.

“This is the last day of my class but you haven't changed a bit Wei WuXian“ Lan Qiren looked at him with a frown.

“Eh?! but I didn’t do anything” He murmured and lowered his head. He really hadn’t done anything so what was he so angry about?

“You still even talk back, you--”

“Uncle” Lan Wangji’s voice was heard, it sounded like an innocent call but a warning was still evident in it which it made Lan Qiren look at him a bit stunned.

“Well then, pay attention... “he looked Wei WuXian and then to Lan Wangji “... Both of you” he walked back to the center and the students were left speechless since this was the first time that Lan Wangji was being reprimanded by his uncle. Wei WuXian straightened his back and turned his head towards Lan Qiren and the last day of the class resumed.

.

.

.

.

.

The Library Pavilion was Lan Wangji’s sanctuary. When he wanted to be alone he would immediately go there to read just as he did today. Although Wei WuXian didn’t seem to hate him after confessing the other hadn’t bothered him, at first, he thought Wei WuXian had been creeped out by him but judging from his reaction earlier, he was embarrassed. Even Lan Wangji could not believe that someone as shameless as Wei WuXian could get some embarrassment as well. Lan Wangji didn’t want to corner him and ask for his answer as that might led him to rejecting Lan Wangji.

He would wait. No matter what, he would.

Looking down at his book he continued reading, his mind was finally in peace as he did but it was soon disturbed by a knock on the door. Frowning Lan Wangji looked at it. Normally people would come and go in the library so there was no need to knock. He ignored it and went back to focusing his attention on his book but then he heard a faint voice on the other side of the door.

“Lan Zhan...”

Lan Wangji’s light colored orbs lifted up to look at the door, he stood up and smoothened the creases on his robe before walking towards the sliding door. He hesitated for a moment before opening it, he didn’t know who was behind this door. Would it be Wei Ying or Wei Ying’s older self? Shaking his head he lifted his hand to open it but paused when he heard the other speak.

“Don’t open it, I just came here to say something” Wei WuXian’s voice was clear and Lan Wangji could see his shadow as he leaned against the door. “It’s about the other day, I’m not ignoring you or angry at you, I just need time to think. I mean you just suddenly threw a bomb at me, then left! Tsk, that’s so mean Lan Zhan”

“It was sudden” Lan Wangji murmured.

“You see, we can talk better like this without getting too flustered haha! but Lan Zhan I am curious, I am rowdy, shameless and a servant's son while you are so prim and proper, well respected and very talented. We are totally opposite in whatever aspect so... how come that you... er... like me?”

Lan Wangji looked at Wei WuXian's shadow on the sliding door and he lifted his hand pressing his palm on it and slowly sliding it down to caress it as he smiled faintly “You… everything about you is perfect” taking a deep breath he pressed his forehead on the door and closed his eyes “Wei Ying, I will wait for you”

“... Tonight, let's meet at the same place where we first met” Wei WuXian answered and his footsteps slowly faded as he left the library pavilion.

Lan Wangji straightened his back and turned around only to stop when he saw Wei WuXian’s older self. He looked more disturbing in Lan Wangji’s eyes, still donned in his red and black robes that were covered in blood and dirt, his hair in a disarray, he had wounds everywhere on his body and his eyes looked sunken and tired. Lan Wangji took a sharp deep breath and stared as Wei WuXian as he dragged his beaten body towards him and it only took two words from his bloody mouth that almost made Lan Wangji’s knees buckle.

“You knew...” Wei WuXian hissed, gripping his flute in hand “You knew and yet you still continued…”

“...I- I don’t know what you are talking about” Lan Wangji looked away his fists tightly clenched.

“From the moment you woke up you noticed it. From the moment you saw your clothes you knew it and from the moment you saw ‘him’ you realized it... Lan Zhan… you knew it” he murmured sadly and finally stopped in front of Lan Wangji. “Why?”

“.... “

“Why did you go along with this? Pretending not to notice, denying the truth without batting an eye... this is not you Lan Zhan...” Wei WuXian shook his head. “This is dangerous… every day you know the risk of staying here… yet still do, why?” he slowly reached out and cupped Lan Wangji’s cheek.

Lan Wangji clenched his fists so tight his nails dug into his palm and he closed his eyes biting his lower lip he refused to say anything.

“Lan Zhan... it wasn't your fault... you need to go back” Wei WuXian pleaded.

“No... I don’t want to” Lan Wangji insisted and slowly opened his eyes taking a shaky breath his own trembling hand reached out wiping the blood stains on Wei WuXian’s face.

“Because if I do… I will wake up to the reality that you are gone”