chapter six

Not in a hundred years,

not in a thousand years,

until the day I die,

my heart is yours...

Taiyu's POV:

"Taiyu!"I jumped from my peaceful slumber because of the abrupt, annoying feathery creature as it flew and landed directly on my stomach.I stirred up,walking inside,eyes instinctively roaming around to find my sleeping beauty but...nothing.

Anxiety filled my heart.It had been so long that I felt this feeling that I had forgotten what it was,fear;fear of losing someone really important to you.

My senses picked up some disturbances in the wood. Lifting my sword,I ran towards noises.

"Anguo,find him!"I shouted

Moments later I was on a tree,waiting for enemy or friend as the  galopping of horses were heard.A group of lost- looking men made appearance.Blond hairs with azure blue eyes,a slender figure and another one with a more masculine figure with equally fascinating marine blue eyes.In this era,not only were their eye colour that stood out but their martial arts,bravery and righteousness.Their names,Taeyung and Taemin.

I jumped silently behind them and loud gasps were heard when they finally took notice of me. The few guards that accompanied them looked at me with awe as they took a fighting stand.

"I-Is that you,Tai -hyungnim?."What is this ridiculous feeling of nostalgia ?

Tai?Hyungnim?It's been so long I heard those words...

"What are you doing here?"I asked dryly.

"We need to talk hyungnim."Taemin who had changed a little bit since the last time I had seen him said.He was a bit more muscular now.

"What do you peple need to talk about?"

"About his majesty,An Chu Xia."Hearing his name,my heart filled with anxiety.Where was he?

"Let's go to my house.Only you two."I said and they complied.

Following me inside,I could feel their intense glare piercing through my back.

"Even though I have lived in the woods for so long,I have not turned into a cannibal."I said,my tone softening a bit at the feeling of having my two childhood friends with me.I had always considered them my little brothers.They used to be so fragile and shy when they were little,they had really grown much.Placing a large cloth on the floor,I motioned them to sit.Something was wrong,I could sense it or accept it Taiyu,you are anxious because you cannot find him.

"Start."I ordered.I guess the royal tone never leaves me alone.

"An Chu Xia is in great trouble."My breath hitched as a devastating anger filled my heart.

"We got this yesterday."Taemin said,pulling out a letter from his robe.I took the letter and impatiently opened it.The suspense and ignorance was killing me.I had to know.

(THE LETTER)

DEAR TAIYU,

        I KNOW YOU WILL BE ANGRY AT ME FOR HIDING THINGS FROM YOU BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU WILL REACT AFTER READING THIS LETTER.

THE TIME I HAVE SPENT WITH YOU WILL ALWAYS REMAIN IN MY HEART,I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT BUT,ALL THE TIME I HAVE SPENT WITH YOU,I HAVE SPENT IT IN GUILT.I WOULD LIKE YOU TO READ THE TRUTH AS I CANNOT FIND THE COURAGE TO TELL THIS TO YOU WHILE LOOKING IN THOSE PIERCING EYES OF YOURS.

TWO MONTHS AGO,MY FATHER STARTED BECOMING WEAK AND HIS PHYSICAL CONDITION GOT WORSE . SINCE I WAS STILL IN A SANCTUARY,COMPLETING MY FINAL STUDIES,HE GAVE MY BROTHER,LU FENG THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE KINGDOM. HATE IS A THING THAT ONLY BRINGS SEPARATION.MY BROTHER STABBED IN THE BACK.HE JOINED HANDS WITH XIAO QI,THE SAME PERSON WHO CLAIMED HE LOVED ME BUT I ONLY KNOW THAT MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU. A DECEITFUL PLAN WAS CREATED BEHIND THE CLOSED DOORS.THE DAY I RETURNED HOME,MY FATHER TOOK HIS LAST BREATH AS HE GAVE ME A MAP OF WHERE I COULD FIND YOU AND TOLD ME TO TAKE YOUR HELP. I COULD NOT LEAVE ALL MY PEOPLE BEHIND AND ESCAPE WHEN XIAO QI ORDERED ME TO SURRENDER OR HE WOULD KILL ALL OF THEM. HE,IN TURN BETRAYED MY BROTHER AS HE TOOK OVER OUR KINGDOM,GIVEN EASY ENRTY. HE SAID THAT IF I ACCEPTED TO MARRY HIM,THEN,HE WOULD NOT HARM ANYONE. HE SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME SOME TIME AND IF I DIDN'T SAY YES ,HE WOULD MAKE MY PEOPLE HIS SLAVES AND TORTURE THEM.MAY THIS SMALL PIECE OF JADE BRING YOU THE HAPPINESS YOU DESERVE.

I CAME TO YOU TO ASK FOR HELP BUT I COULD NOT DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO YOU. YOU WERE MY SOLE REFUGE,TAIYU. THANK YOU. MAYBE WE WILL NEVER MEET AGAIN,I WILL PRAY THAT YOU CAN FIND THE PEACE YOU HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR. I KNOW THAT THIS LETTER IS NOT A GOOD ONE BUT YOU KNOW THAT I AM NOT GOOD WITH FAREWELLS. I LEFT WITHOUT A WORD BECAUSE IF I MET YOUR GAZE THEN I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO BACK. I ALSO PRAY FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS AND THAT YOU WILL DO ME ONE LAST FAVOUR. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET ME. I KNOW I AM BEING CRUEL,I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU TO FORGET ABOUT ME AND MOVE ON BUT IF THERE IS SOMEONE I WOULD WANT TO REMEMBER ME,THAT'S YOU. THANK YOU...

AN CHU XIA

I looked up,holding his jade in my fist,still not believing the content of this letter. How could someone be so selfless?If only he could be more demanding...If only he said something...I would even give my life for him...There's nothing I would not do for him...He gave such addicting warmth and then push me in a sudden cold? All he has ever done in his life is sacrifice,first me,now himself?

I saw Taemin and Taeyung looking at me with a strange expression.I felt something cold on my cheeks. wiping it away,I realised that the tears flowed on their own accord.

Pain is moulded in this silence  of yours..It's a silence of anguish and agony...A silence that engulfs my heart in a wrenching silence darkness.I can no longer feel your warmth that always coaxes me.I cannot hear your voice that fills my void...My tears have stained my cheeks in your indelible memories. Why is it so cold ? Where are you?