chapter seven

Sorry I've been dead for long. I got a problem with my laptop.

An Chu Xia POV:

Suffocating,...I felt as if I could not breath.My head was throbbing and I was feeling so suffocated.I wanted my heart to just stop and my eyes to close from all those injustice of this cruel world.If only I could die in peace...but could I now? After betraying the one I love and leaving him?I lied to him. I could no longer feel safe in his strong aura. I took another cover and wrapped it around my body.There's no longer his soothing warmth.I could still smell his scent that lingered on my body,his touch,his body against mine...

I put the knife that I held in my hands back and removed all second thoughts of wanting to just end my life as a maid came in,announcing the arrival of Xiao Qi and telling me to get changed into some more appropriate clothes. A crowd of servants engulfed me,making me feel more strangulated. I wanted to feel the fresh ,minty breeze of the forest on my bare skin compared to the scent of expensive perfumes,erupting from the numerous small colourful bottles,placed before me.The cool water of the river and the serene song of the mermaids were a bliss and not an annoying feeling of having to avoid the touches and voices of strangers.The thin cloth cheap cloth that Taiyu wrapped around me kept me warmer than the silky,gold-embroidered clothes that the servants were putting on me.Not a single human dared touch me,not because they were scared of Xiao Qi but because they respected me. In their scared eyes,I could see a certain pity.

Suddenly,the door slid with a loud noise.All the servants scurried out at the single wave of a hand.Anger seized my heart as I turned to give a stern glare at my intruder.From his stumbling steps and endeavor,I knew that the evil man was slightly drunk over huangjiu.Can this person sin anymore?Did his sins have a limit or did he enjoy the torment of helpless people?

The forceful shackles that bound me to him...It felt so wrong.Rather than this,I would have preferred being tied to him,even if we were both in the most perilous of situations.Being with Taiyu always felt so right...so good.

I had not noticed that I was looking down,lost in my thoughts until a finger reached under my chin and lift my face to meet his lustful glare.

"You really are beautiful."He muttered in complete awe,making wave after wave of disgust wash over me.I pushed his sickening hands away.

"Xiao Qi."I said,dryly,"Should I remind you that you are still a royal and that you should behave.I did not know that you wanted me as just a mere prostitute."His expression changed as realisation struck him,,"If so I hope that you will not attempt to lay your hands on me again."
He distanced himself from and dismissing his right hand, a man with a foul mouth and character ,who tried to jump at me for my 'impudence'.

"Until our wedding night love,...You will be mine soon."