chapter nine

The Day of change that comes once in a hundred years

An Chu Xia:

"People are like the bright moon in the sky...You can never possess them," Taiyu's song resounded in my ears as the palanquin drew near the temple.The red colour of the dress as deep as my anger,the talks of some of my own people whom I was sacrificing my love for could not hurt my already broken heart,a thin layer of make-up covering  my pale cheeks that had been stained with regrets and grief. The pandemonium of happiness and that of grief,it's such a painful sound.It's as if stabbing you slowly with a knife and then letting yourself bleed to death in the most evil of ways.It is so revolting that I cannot even cry at such inhumane acts.These people take pleasure in the pain and despair of ours just because they have power.Have they never thought what would happen if our positions were to be reversed?This is the devious cycle that ultimately leads to the vicious result of revenge,slowly leading to death and finally ending with everything empty...

My legs almost refused to move as we came to a stop.I could not console myself so I simply let destiny decide for me. In this sacred temple,I could not believe that such impure events were going to happen.I sat besides my future as the priest started with all his platonic words.

In this artificial world,everything is fake,all those relationships,all those ties,all those warm smiles,all that happiness and those kisses that tastes of lies...

Suddenly,there was a slow murmur that turned into a commotion as I saw something past me  me and land directly between Xiao Qi and me.It was as quick as light.

W-What?

Everyone was shaken as the atmosphere completely changed from what it was a few moments before in the grand outdoor altair of the temple.The guards rushed from side to side looking for the daring culprit.Xiao Qi yanked the arrow that seemed to have a letter attached to it.The look on Xiao Qi's face,the distance from which the arrow had been shot given its weight and length,the small piece of jade wrapped around its end,all of this could only lead to the conclusion that... it was him.No mistake it was him.I felt as if I had been given another life and my heart started beating again.

Xiao Qi was about to explode from rage but my eyes never paid him any attention,they only searched for him. There,the crowd split and after what felt like a lifetime,a kind figure appeared,standing out of the crowd. An expression of wanting to protect what was his,me.Arc and bow in his hands,a kimono sticking to his graceful body,a piece of cloth keeping a pile of raven hairs tamed,not a single imperfection. Everyone stared at the God in front of them,Yi Jian Taiyu,the crowned prince of the most powerful reigning dynasty in the whole continent.

The soldiers looked unsure to attack him even after being shouted orders by Xiao Qi to attack him.Taiyu moved sloppily as if there were no one except him and me in this world.His eyes stayed fixated on me as he walked the altair.I was astonished to see all the soldiers falling to the ground in an unconscious pile.Xiao Qi also fell down and struggled to stay up once he lifted himself from the ground.

"What in the world is happening to us?Why can we not move ? What did you do to us ? You bastard!"

His profanities went in vain as a strong arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me into a muscular yet soft body.From the cheering in the crowd,I knew that it was Taemin and Taeyung.

Everything stood still as words were exchanged through our gaze,discomforts and agonies were soothed by a comfortable sweetness. I felt all the energy leave my body as I sunk in the safe haven of his arms.I could not contain my tears as they flowed slowly down my cheeks and he frowned at  that.His soft fingers pressed against my chin brought my face closer to his until our breaths mingled together and just like that my world blurred as his plump lips touched mine in the most intimate of ways. In the rush of emotions that crowded my mind,I realised that this kiss was different from that time.This kiss was to show me that I was not alone,that I could rely on him more and that he was here now to take my worries away.