Harry Potter [Ron X Reader]

Imagine surprising your long time pen pal during vacation, only to make quite the impression on a completely different person and his family.

Author's Note: This is AU. I know certain couples only got together during the later books/movies and that other couples waited to have children after the War, but in this 'imagine' two certain children were born a couple years before the Final Battle. That said, this 'imagine' takes place a couple years AFTER the Final Battle.

Sidestepping witches and wizards in a dimly lit pub, you keep your eyes peeled for a certain brunette witch and her two companions. The noise level isn't bothersome at all and you're glad to see that the dress code various from dress robes to muggle clothing, from classy to laid back.

After a few minutes you spot her side profile, the witch in question laughing at something her raven haired companion has just said. There's also a red head sitting with them, his shaggy hair falling over his forehead and the tips of ears, and.. oh no. He's smiling and chuckling and your stomach churns with instant attraction.

Inhaling deeply and then slowly letting it out, you gather your courage and make your way towards their table. The redhead catches sight of you first, then the raven haired wizard and you mentally smirk when the redhead stares at you as if in awe which then leads his wizard companion to huff a laugh and elbow him. You smile then and just as the witch realizes her companions are distracted by something, you make it to their table and plop down in the only available chair.

"So a centaur, a house elf and Hermione Granger walk into a bar.."

The raven haired wizard snorts and the red head grins as his gaze darts between you and his friend. The brunette witch narrows her eyes and her lips twitch before she laughs out loud, throwing her arms around you. "Y/N! I'm so glad you could make it."

"As if I'd miss the chance to see you and hang out," you grin. Pulling back, you then nod at each of her companions who you know all too well to be Ron Weasley and Harry Potter. "Gentlemen."

Hermione then resettles in her seat, she making quick introductions. "Harry, Ron, this is Y/N. Y/N, these are my two best friends Harry and Ron."

The wizards smile tightly at you and you huff a short laugh as you lean forward in your seat. "So just to clear the air, I obviously know who you were before Hermione introduced us. And I only have one thing to say to the two of you before we can get on with the rest of the night without any awkward tension. Thank you."

"Er, Hermione? How do you two know each other again?" Harry asks. He doesn't look uncomfortable, but he does seem a bit wary. Ron too, but he's more amused than anything.

"Y/N and I were pen pals," Hermione says. "When I went back to Hogwarts to complete my Seventh Year and you two went straight into Auror training, McGonagall participated in a Pen Pal program that Ilvermorny started over in America. We didn't have to participate if we didn't want to, but I found it rather refreshing to write to another individual who wouldn't know me as Hermione Granger the War Heroine."

"So let me get this straight," Ron interrupts, "you two didn't know who the other was when writing letters?"

You shake your head. "No. It was encouraged that we give pen names instead of our actual names. Then if we were lucky enough to strike up a real friendship with our pen pal, it was encouraged that we also get to know each other personally. We first met when Hermione was on assignment in America just last year."