TVD [Enzo X Reader]

Imagine coming back to town with a fiancé that no one really approves of- not your friends, not your ex, and sometimes even you find yourself doubting the relationship.

Prompt courtesy of Anonymous who said: Hey! May I request an Enzo St. John imagine in which the reader and Enzo broke up because the burdens that surrounded him were far too much to handle- but when she comes back to mystic falls with her rich hot shot boyfriend, Enzo isn't happy. He manages to win her back & promises that life will be smoother for them from there on.

. .

. .

. .

Returning to Mystic Falls is.. bittersweet.

It's your hometown and it's where a lot of your firsts had taken place. But life in the picturesque town was quickly soured, and you and your friends were let in on the horrible secret of monsters existing. And while some of these monsters were actually pretty decent folks, there were others who took joy in the kill.

You and the Scooby Gang, as Damon had dubbed you and your friends, quickly adapted to living life alongside supernatural beings. It was a dangerous life to lead, but you couldn't exactly shun Bonnie for being a witch or Caroline who had been turned into a vampire against her will. You didn't really care for Tyler, but the werewolf and you shared more than a few friends and the Salvatore brothers became people you found yourself not being able to drop completely.

The Mikaelsons completely scared the shit out of you and you found yourself contemplating leaving town multiple times, but Damon or Stefan would never compel your parents for you. But like every other monster of the week, the Mikaelsons eventually left town to settle down elsewhere after Elena had turned into a vampire herself. And just as you swore off all new vampires, then came Enzo.

Enzo completely stole your breath away the moment he chose to not threaten your life as he did to Damon, Elena, and Stefan.. and you found yourself falling for the sometimes homicidal vampire. So after talking out your confusing feelings with your friends, you found yourself one day caving to the flirtatious vampire. But for every happy moment with Enzo, it seemed like there were two or three tragic events that clouded your happiness with him. And most of the time it was something because of Enzo's past or something that he instigated, and you just- you couldn't do it anymore.

So after graduating high school, you took your diploma and fled Mystic Falls without looking back. Now four years later, you're returning. But you're not alone.

Mystic Grill was the go-to place for the locals of Mystic Falls, so it's no big surprise when you find some of your longtime friends there

Bonnie and Elena are seated at a booth, two glasses of soda and a plate of what appears to be cheese fries sitting between them. As they talk to each other, you maneuver around the tables and chairs until you slow your walk up to their booth. "A vampire, a witch, and a human walk into a bar.."